• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
kvskelton

The GFS was something close to a big ice event for them. It's been the warmest at 850 and the furthest south of the models.

I think I was reading about Georgia and then some ice coming in a second wave to Eastern Carolina but after they get a good snow. So I might trade for that!

Someone said something about a low(?) coming up HAT. Is that the Hatteris in NC that Carvers was wanting? I wish I had copied it here, because I'd never find it again.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I was reading about Georgia and then some ice coming in a second wave to Eastern Carolina but after they get a good snow. So I might trade for that!

Someone said something about a low(?) coming up HAT. Is that the Hatteris in NC that Carvers was wanting? I wish I had copied it here, because I'd never find it again.

The only warm nose i saw isthrough your area,but its not horrific,SE TN

All the models are showing two pieces of energy I think. The GFS is just way south with it's second piece. The trend of the day seems to be downplaying the overrunning of the first wave and playing up the second. 

The second piece is outside the range of the NAM and other models.

There is 3

Edit:2 on top one below

Jax, can you read that last page of the SE Forum (page 41). I guess it's the 2nd wave and it's going inland and they say bombs Nashville? Someone else says mountains so maybe Middle TN to Western NC? I don't know if it even means anything since nothing is turning out like the models say, but that sounds interesting for you guys.

Now he says Middle TN to West Virginia, so maybe you guys and the TRI guys can get some snow sometime this week.

Jax, can you read that last page of the SE Forum (page 41). I guess it's the 2nd wave and it's going inland and they say bombs Nashville? Someone else says mountains so maybe Middle TN to Western NC? I don't know if it even means anything since nothing is turning out like the models say, but that sounds interesting for you guys.

Just look at the graph i showed above,there is 3 waves like ive been saying if the two waves atop phase its a big storm for the valley,if they seperate with one going faster atop just hope for over running

Thank you, Jax. That would be later, and not our original Monday/Tuesday storm? Though I know when this thread was first started we thought it could be Wednesday, I think?

John, I don't envy those forecast people.

Jax, I edited that post above to say Middle TN to West Virginia according to the SE Forum.

Thank you, Jax. That would be later, and not our original Monday/Tuesday storm? Though I know when this thread was first started we thought it could be Wednesday, I think?

Jax, I edited that post above to say Middle TN to West Virginia according to the SE Forum.

No this would be Mon/Tues

lol..i didnt even notice this until you mentioned it,thought it was way 2 warm but now..hmm

So. The GFS led the way over the a Euro. IMO a complete cave by it? The GFS at 0z shows that south same GA low. It was a newish solution. The Euro now has it. The models are jumping on the caboose(energy). NAM can't go out that far. I will take that Euro track all day, every day. Let's see how the 12 z suite handles it. Figured there would be a big change tonight. That low might actually trend further NW. The option now on the table is a pretty hefty storm well inland like west of the Apps. Even this close NO consensus.

So. The GFS led the way over the a Euro. IMO a complete cave by it? The GFS at 0z shows that south same GA low. It was a newish solution. The Euro now has it. The models are jumping on the caboose(energy). NAM can't go out that far. I will take that Euro track all day, every day. Let's see how the 12 z suite handles it. Figured there would be a big change tonight. That low might actually trend further NW. The option now on the table is a pretty heft storm well inland like west of the Apps. Even this close NO consensus.

I love the South been here my whole life but honestly, this is why I am moving to Northern Indiana. So that I can have reliable snow of some amount each year. I believe it has been since 2003 at least since Nashville has had a plowable snow, this get tiresome! Seems like cities 200 - 300 miles to the south of Nashville have higher seasonal snow averages than we do over the last ten years, simply amazing.

Now, here is the crazy thing...I bet a ton of flip-flopping is to follow. Looks like the first wave will be 1-3" for the areas of northern Alabama, north Georgia, and extreme southern TN. I think that is pretty well set. That second wave is the business end of this deal. We are back to the old school rules of where it tracks. Coastal plain - jackpot. Coast - light snow. IF a slp develops, which the Euro and GFS both have, my money is an inland track inside Hatteras. Still, I have no idea if the 0z runs are correct. I thought last night would be a change - just not that big. I do not think we are done yet with changes.

Yet another variation on the 12z NAM.  This time there is a northern component to the first wave that gives TN 1 to 3 inches.  The next wave is so suppressed even NC misses out.  You can't buy consistency on the models right now.

Edit:  eastern NC salvages some snow towards the end.

12z NAM pops a low near the end of its run. The Euro, GFS, and now the NAM have this feature today. It is the feature to watch along with Stoves piece of energy sliding along the KY border early in the period. The piece of energy to now watch is the SLP coming off the Florida panhandle Weds. Probably won't be until tomorrow until it is modeled well. The stronger it is...the closer it gets to the TN Valley. Right now it looks like a light event for the eastern valley. But remember this, it is very common to break towards a spring like pattern with a big winter storm. I wonder if that energy evolves into that. Speculation at this point...on to the 12z.

Archived