Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
kvskelton

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, though it has me really excited to see that, cant really trust it yet. Just really fun to watch this thing play out see the models changing, and thats really all i can do, Being just a semi-uneducated watcher, i just rely on what i see here and what i hear from the more knowledgeable people. Weather just makes me happy lol

I won't start a separate thread, lol! Feb 10-11 the strength of the cold coming in from the north dictates things. No jog northwest with such impressive high press. The 18Z NAM was a fluke on Sunday. Apparently it lost the midday Monday lead wave which means punt the run from there through Tuesday. Now looks like Monday night and Tuesday could just be light frozen precip in parts of the Mid South and far northern Deep South, with rain elsewhere Deep South. In a very rare turn of events in the South, we have new hope Wednesday. Sounds like a Star Wars title...

Robert is right about the Carolinas. Wedge is going to cause ice problems. Note that alleged NAM crazy high snowfall will probably be ice. Glad I'm on this side of the Apps!

00Z (Mon) NAM in fairly good agreement with 12Z Euro (Sun). Wednesday is now the day to watch for the Mid South and Tennessee Valley. GFS south track won't be rewarded with a negatively tilted bowling ball. Tuesday and Wednesday are as different as supercells and line thunderstorms. I'm more concerned about too much WAA at least in Chatty, North Alabama and like places. Some hours of plain rain? North Mississippi should have enough cold air to get snow. Northeast Georgia, on the other hand, could be in Robert's house of ice pain due to the wedge wrap around. Memphis and Nashville may be in the light snow zone. Plateau, Knox to Tri Cities would be moderate snow if these are perfect. Jury is out in Huntsville and Chatty. Storm track is perfect, but the cold is not as anchored. Dynamics vs WAA may settle it. I'm not sure we can all win on Wednesday without as much cold air anchored. Still feel good about action somewhere in the Mid South and/or Tennessee Valley.

I am not good w/ ice scenarios, but this run just smashes northern Georgia.  Can someone check northern Alabama for ice accumulation?

Skew=T's in Northern Alabama show either rain or snow. I'd side with rain to snow TBH. 850s are +3 at hour 63 and they are -3 and the surface is probably 35 at hour 66. But moisture is pulling away by then.

David Boyd (WCYB) mentions the possibility of a significant snow on Wednesday, and used the term "accumulating snow likely".. He also used the phrase "moderate to heavy snowfall event is possible for the southern apps region"

Nathan Scott (WJHL) mentioned the possibility of a light to possibly moderate snow on his evening news cast. Will be interesting to see if he alters his wording on his nightly cast at 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, now keeping it real...re: 0z NAM

1. It is the NAM past 48 hours but not by much....

2. Long duration snow event depicted for E TN

3. Phases earlier and almost creates a double barrel low.  Looks like the 12z Canadian and somewhat like the Euro.

4.  Extreme solutions rarely verify.  If the trend is northwest, we are in business.  But that trend is because the low phases earlier.  So, the million dollar question is this, "Is it right?"  We should know by tomorrow night.

Archived