• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 13-14 potential snow storm

Mikehobbyst

This is done, even if it comes up the coast enough, no cold air and a low in the upper mid west/lakes....not a snow set-up at all. 

This is fine, this has wet paste just inland bomb written all over it. The city eastward might be all rain or a mixed bag but that doesn't define this as a non-event.

We're also six days away, how many times have we seen dramatic shifts inside of 72 hours so far this year?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only is the GFS blowing up the lead vort offshore but it also continues to strengthen the northern stream to the point now where it's becoming the dominant feature. What a freakin disaster.

there is no mechanism to help dig the northern stream ie no ridge out west just a flat flow....we may make it thru this week with lots of potential but nothing to show for it in the end.

The GFS really amplifies the trough on Friday but the flow is progressive and it doesn't have nearly enough room to blow up into something big. The new energy sliding into the PAC NW helps to kick the western ridge eastward. I supposed that might stand a better chance at being something significant.

There could be a PNA spike with the AO going downward by and after mid month as well as shortening wavelengths so maybe then will be our last chance at something. As of now everything is kaput. 

With flat height fields, I don't think we have much of a chance at anything. We need amplification to have a chance, and better yet some kind of help from the NAO.

With flat height fields, I don't think we have much of a chance at anything. We need amplification to have a chance, and better yet some kind of help from the NAO.

It's my last bit of hope for anything but there's statistical data that Don S. showed where 80% of snowstorms after mid month occurred with a -AO/-PNA combo as wavelengths shorten, which is what we may get into. 

Archived