SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2014 Observations

jaxjagman

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting back up in Knox. A Channel 8 Met (not the one you all usually mention) was just on the radio and he said still 5-7 inches if not more. I guess they're our snow lover forecasters.

Aldrich just said on the air that he's still going with 5-9 for the valley.  Heavy from 7pm to midnight, might last through 8am.

Down to 32 here, the last burst got the ground mostly white.

Hope it picks up for you John, I feel like it will by dark.

I'd hope so, but so far the large dry crack downstream is actually growing right now. The band that's been just west of me for 5 hours is finally rotating my way but it's currently weakening as it moves this way. Just very light snow so far. I hope it gets going here by 8. I should probably get a 5 hour window of decent rates if it goes as expected. Maybe 2-3 inches.

Columbus, Mississippi changed over to snow in the robust back edge of the precip. Yes, that far south. Tupelo precip is too light, so go by Columbus. Comma head means business. We got a long buffet line of snow heading to the Tennessee Valley including North Alabama and North Georgia. Heavy snow quarter mile vis reported in northwest Alabama per surface ob.

Archived