joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 4-5 Snow, Ice, Sleet, Rain Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost power around 3:30 am when a transformer exploded and lit up the entire sky. I am at my Sister's house who is in a harder hit region but for some reason got her power back today. The people across the street from where I live have power even though they had several transformer explosions. Everyone in the neighborhoods around mine has power. 

You can call PECO at 1-800-841-4141 for an estimate.  Sometimes it's pretty accurate, but given the extent of this damage I wouldn't bet the farm on it being right...

There was a message that told me to leave my number. I did and it said they would call me when my power was restored but no estimates.

Here's hoping PECO shows up soon for my part of Glen Mills on the other side of Route 1!

I've been wondering if we are on the same grid or whatever as the 4 garnet valley schools less than a mile from our house...I'm sure getting them powered up was a priority, so maybe we just lucked out? Hope you get some juice soon...

Haz - I have power now.

However, I suspect mine was caused by a either a branch or a transformer. Other people will not be so lucky and have a huge tree down etc.

I just got my power back around 9:30 PM.  I thought it would take several days so this is a real miracle. I'm within a few miles of you and Hazwoper near Pineville.   

Yeah just holy you now what's that myself...deciced to go out and find my favorite spot in my woods and just sit and listen...we;ve been gathering a Fr.Drizzlle/Mist/Fog All day and we've got about.10-.15 so it's crackly a little...bt time I reached my furthest out it just started blowing hard from the NW, branches were falling it felt cold compared to the 29 when I left...got in with only my Phils cap on and my ears were burning,temp down to 19...Bottom line if there's any suspect trees down S further watch out please...

Archived