SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 5th SWFE Observation Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Albany's biggest event this year?   This may come close.

At the airport I think it was just shy of a foot on two occasions.  I measured 11.5" in mid-december (great storm) and 9" for Jan. 2-3.  The early Jan storm was a long duration light snow event and very fluffy, so storm totals greatly exceeded on the ground measurements.  Those two events sum up this winter so far.  I've been thinking 10" for this area would be a good result.  Regardless of the numbers, it's a beautiful day out there.

What's your biggest this year?

Anything in NNE? I worry for those folks

SW maine and east central Nh were doing pretty good this am.....

NNY and NVT getting in on a good looking band that will dump on Jay peak and prolly the freak...but in between we shall see

powderfreak is hoping that band doesn't lift much further north but stuff in VT looks like it's starting to fill in

They've had two storms of around a foot I believe. This may approach it, but radar doesn't look too promising for now. Alb just decreased snow forecasts across the board here...most of the heavier stuff went through New England...something ENY has gotten quite used to the past several years, haha. -sn currently up here.

uote name="HIPPYVALLEY" post="2736327" timestamp="1391609459"]What is Albany's biggest event this year? This may come close.

Hard to tally all the reports... can someone point out the correct snow-sleet line here?

A, B, C, or something else?

I'm guessing a line between end of arrows A-C... you can see something subtle there advancing north when animated.

attachicon.gifCC_9am.png

You can see the snow/sleet line better on OKX radar even though it's on the edge of OKX's radar range... It basically runs up just barely north of 84 in CT then along the MA/RI border due east to around the south border of 128.

Edit: you can correlate the BOX line and OKX line in the images below.

post-1511-0-90755200-1391610758_thumb.gi

post-1511-0-40924200-1391610764_thumb.gi

Archived