Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made it into my store in Mechanicsburg without issues (other than my serpentine built squeling like a bat out of hell from all the slush/water). Roads were very wet but not too slick. Seems like the change over to rain for a bit really helped keep the ice down.

Apparently our shopping centers snow removal team feels the appropriate way to clear the center is build an ice wall in the middle of the lot. lol

post-3779-0-44291700-1391604176_thumb.jp

heard 3 of my neighbors pines crack so far (he HAD about 50 large pines).  dont know if whole tree has gone or not, but see lots of stuff laying in his/my backyard.  lots of cleanup....yay.

Onto storm #3....I hope and congrats to wmsptwx, mag...and yes you to Voyager....

Nut.

im listening to franklin county scanner and greencastle is def leading the way with trees and wires calls.  Congrats on your ice victory!      (I GUESS)

Doesn't seem to be much in town going out. I still see the lights. Looks like west side of town is out though. We'll see if I can keep power. Already flashed out for a bit earlier. 

Made it to work and can confirm the roads are in pretty good shape.  The same cannot be said for trees and power lines.  What a mess out there.  As Eastern said, if we get any wind - game over.  Even just a slight breeze had our poplar making very unpleasant noises. 

Stay safe everyone.

Still waiting for Met-Ed to get here for my partially downed power line. Luckily I was able to cut the tree away before it pulled the line completely out and giving me a live wire in the back yard. 

Precip is basically out of here and am hovering around 32 with some melting occurring. Ended up with roughly 3/8 of an inch of ice. Still leery of the other trees in the back yard but am hoping I have weathered the worst of it. As long as we don't get any wind, as easternuswx brought up, I think we should be fine.

Archived