Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA and The Fringes - February 2014 Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.3". Snow slacking up as we enter this bit of a slot. Looks like UNV will break into it too. Should be short lived, as the stuff out by Pittsburgh and beyond will eventually work its way into the central counties. Then we'll see where the line sets up for the rest of the overnight. It may mix in this lull and turn back to snow for a time like it did back in Pittsburgh.  What a firehose of moisture straight out of the Gulf. I'm beginning to think the possible excessive sleet totals might actually come to fruition somewhere between here and Harrisburg. Further south, I see CTP has beefed up ice totals. Might need a thin stripe of 0.5-0.75" near the MD border before the night's out.

2.3". Snow slacking up as we enter this bit of a slot. Looks like UNV will break into it too. Should be short lived, as the stuff out by Pittsburgh and beyond will eventually work its way into the central counties. Then we'll see where the line sets up for the rest of the overnight. It may mix in this lull and turn back to snow for a time like it did back in Pittsburgh.  What a firehose of moisture straight out of the Gulf. I'm beginning to think the possible excessive sleet totals might actually come to fruition somewhere between here and Harrisburg. Further south, I see CTP has beefed up ice totals. Might need a thin stripe of 0.5-0.75" near the MD border before the night's out.

Yeah we need that heavy precip to move in as quickly as possible...should change back over to snow for anyone north of Rt 22 that mixes during this lull.

I'd say visibility is maybe 1/8 mi here right now...just pouring snow.

Wow...look at the radar!  The sleet echoes (orange over me now) are training from sw to ne from Franklin to Cumberland.  I've got about 0.4" of sleet so far.  It's turning all paved surfaces white.  And boy, is it noisy outside.

Wonder how long we stay sleet here?

Temp 25.9 degrees and holding steady.

Yeah we need that heavy precip to move in as quickly as possible...should change back over to snow for anyone north of Rt 22 that mixes during this lull.

I'd say visibility is maybe 1/8 mi here right now...just pouring snow.

Not sounding the four alarm pinger alert yet but I do have rimed flakes down here. Very curious to see what the main slug of precip direct connected to the Gulf does when it rolls through overnight. 

Radar is exploding to the south and west of York heading this way...40dbz. If that comes this way, that will not be good.

Guys,

How is York College looking right now. Not good with looking at maps other than what I just explained, but are we in for a long night? Thanks

KLNS 050532Z AUTO 05011KT 2SM -FZRA

Jeb walk turned into a painful full on the @$$

:ee: 

I'm not going out in it for that very reason lol. Window will do just fine. I can see the ice all over the bushes and roads here by Shenks. What a mess. About to get real ugly here in a few mins from this fire hose of echoes to our SW

Not sounding the four alarm pinger alert yet but I do have rimed flakes down here. Very curious to see what the main slug of precip direct connected to the Gulf does when it rolls through overnight. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see a few pellets even up here during this lull.  You can see the returns expanding this way on the PIT radar...I don't think it will take too long to fill in, and it looks better than it did 30 minutes ago...might hold on to decent snow up here.

It's definitely shaping up to be a doozy around your neck of the woods. It's pretty bad up here now. Everything is completely iced over. I'm sure it's the same down there

Yeah, we're frozen solid. Picked up 6.5 inches yesterday and there is a thick layer of ice already on the snowpack. Mainly getting a sleet and zr mix but when a heavier band comes through some flakes have been mixing in. We dropped a degree in the last 15 minutes as well to 25.

its pouring sleet now and there is orange on the radar just to our west...

how heavy is it in Carlisle?

Sorry djr, I've been trying to catch up with all the posts but they are coming in so fast I'm still 20 minutes behind.  It is sleeting heavily here with about 0.4" of accumulation.  Very loud, like Zak's been reporting.

Just saw the turnpike pix....oh how tragic.  That's why I won't go on the road with ZR.

Archived