• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-10 Light snow event that i spent 10 days tracking

Ji

Death Row? The Governer just called with a full pardon!

Now I am not a smart weather guy like the rest of you guys. However, I did make the call when virtually no one else did last week that the storm that was supposed be well to the south of us would come north and west of what the models said. I predicted 3-4 inches out of that storm for central MD. We wound up 2-3 in Anne Arundel County.

I am predicting this weekends storm will do the same and the two waves will combine. I am saying 4-8 for Anne Arundel County.

flow_zps058ee348.jpg

Too bad there is no radar in the central Gulf. Who know what's out there? :whistle:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny thing is, the 18Z nam gives us 30 hrs of light snow.  I'm not buying it at this point, but funny how it's backdooring-itself into a completely different version of the 30hrs of snow the globals showed a few days back...  Albeit without anything above light green...

Death Row? The Governer just called with a full pardon!

Now I am not a smart weather guy like the rest of you guys. However, I did make the call when virtually no one else did last week that the storm that was supposed be well to the south of us would come north and west of what the models said. I predicted 3-4 inches out of that storm for central MD. We wound up 2-3 in Anne Arundel County.

I am predicting this weekends storm will do the same and the two waves will combine. I am saying 4-8 for Anne Arundel County.

flow_zps058ee348.jpg

I like your optimism but don't let Weatherboy see this :verbatim:

I think most of us agree with this in principle, but it's the instant gratification side of us that keeps us from being rational about these things. There's a good part of me that likes "the gamble" where we see a multitude of solutions from 5 - 6 days away rather than seeing the big one at that range and then it just rapidly falling apart.

Oh yeah Iove to see those fantasy storms too and my first impression is always wow, this looks awesome! But a moment later reality sets in and the thought is...uhh..>96h?...no chance unless it goes south next run

I believe the NAM solution is a best case scenario with this "weak-end" disturbance. All eyes by 6z tomorrow morning should turn to mid next week. Just call it possibly 1-3 inches Saturday through Monday and rest up for next week.

Archived