• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    binbisso
    Newest Member
    binbisso
WeatherFox

February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

Its going to snow hard where you live as well. The storm just started.

I'd be in the heavy bands according to that map, but Monmouth wouldn't.

Just starting to form a dusting in Cranford, Union County, NJ on the roads, coming down moderately already but this will be some annoying snow to shovel. I'm wondering when my boss wakes up in about 2 hours if we get work cancelled. Anyone in staten island reporting anything? That's where he lives haha

Just starting to form a dusting in Cranford, Union County, NJ on the roads, coming down moderately already but this will be some annoying snow to shovel. I'm wondering when my boss wakes up in about 2 hours if we get work cancelled. Anyone in staten island reporting anything? That's where he lives haha

I'm right by the outer bridge off 540 and have mod snow temp 34 with a solid coating on roads etc

Yup. Snowing nicely here by the north shore of Staten Island.

that map is north of everything I've seen posted here overnight.

Generally speaking, the heaviest snow usually falls 50-75 miles north of where the best lift and deep saturation shows up on modelling. Not always the case, but it's a fairly good rule to use. 6z NAM shows this. Looks it rips throughout the area and sinks south later this morning. You are in a good spot.

post-334-0-99906700-1391421743_thumb.gif

post-334-0-58131000-1391421582_thumb.gif

post-334-0-37865700-1391421591_thumb.gif

Nowcasting is  effect it would be safe to say there is a firehose pointed right at the NYC area.snowgasm alert for the rest of the week, awesome how often can you say that.

I'm right by the outer bridge off 540 and have mod snow temp 34 with a solid coating on roads etc

It is sticking now over here inWoodbridge. People in the neighborhood are going to work. we are going to wait and see a bit if the workday can be salvaged before throwing in the towel.

Wow the best banding of the storm (as shown by the RAP) now developing between York and Trenton. Basically a big blob of 2"/hour for a couple hours

Guest Pamela

Just woke up...heavy snow Port Jefferson...at least 1/2 inch on ground...caught me by surprise...roads snow covered.

Looks like it switched back to either sleet or rain here for the moment.

Yep! We had a sucker hole and the line pop north. To our west is heavier rates which will change us back. Snowing in New Brunswick

Left Colts neck at 445  was 35 with Rian and Sleet , See they are down to 33 there now .

Once to exit 120 on the GSP it was Sleet

Once to the NJPT toll plaza it was snowing

Once to the Goethals there was Mod Snow

Mod snow all the way in thru Staten Island - side roads just of the HWY  looked snow covered

Just got to Dyker Heights . Its raining with some sleet mixed in , I am so happy I don't live in this crud place full time anymore  is just a pit stop to wall street .it really is a bad place if you like snow .

Left Colts neck at 445  was 35 with Rian and Sleet , See they are down to 33 there now .

Once to exit 120 on the GSP it was Sleet

Once to the NJPT toll plaza it was snowing

Once to the Goethals there was Mod Snow

Mod snow all the way in thru Staten Island - side roads just of the HWY  looked snow covered

Just got to Dyker Heights . Its raining with some sleet mixed in , I am so happy I don't live in this crud place full time anymore  is just a pit stop to wall street .it really is a bad place if you like snow .

Sounds like you made good time.SI has its charms; the area near the zoo is quite pleasant.