joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the same amount of water, this would have been 18"+ in the January arctic front storms. There's 1.0"+ liquid in the 7-8" of snow.

Yep but wet snow that sticks is far more beautiful. This was definitely the nicest storm so far this winter. Also nice to go out and take a walk in, which I did. The 2 January storms were amazing, but conditions were pretty harsh during them.

Yep but wet snow that sticks is far more beautiful. This was definitely the nicest storm so far this winter. Also nice to go out and take a walk in, which I did. the 2 January storms were amazing, but conditions were pretty harsh during them.

I know, it's gorgeous outside now. These wet snow events are far more picturesque, and the snow doesn't blow away like the powdery snow does.

I know I apologize.. lol Its amazing sometimes when I drive on the saw mill as I'm passing Dobbs Ferry, I start to feel light headed. High Alititude sickness may kick in at any time

Lol. The obs throughout the winter definitely seem to indicate that lower Westchester has been the secondary jackpot zone in the NYC area--Monmouth County being the primary jackpot zone. 

8 inches in colts neck. Snow coming to and end. Gets me to 47 for the year .

I wound up driving the wife in around 10 am. Sidestreets were bad in S Plainfield. I went to Macy's to pay the bill, was the only customer in the joint, hung out with the folks for awhile, then picked up the wife around 2 and stopped in Costco. Only people in Costco too, which was getting ready to close. The highways were pretreated and were in great shape, 287 and rt 1 were fine. Had some grapple for a bit, then went back to all snow before it stopped around 5 pm. Was still snowing with the moon out. I'll leave it to others near me to get a depth. But overall a great storm that performed well. Delayed opening tomorrow for me and the kids.

Archived