• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

I'm right in between the 2 Jan storms. Had 6" and 8" and now have 7+ with the possibility of topping the last one all said and done. But yes this is a gorgeous snowfall, fell mostly during daylight hours, 24 hours after temps were in the 50s and the wetness just makes it feel like a more substantial snowfall than the other 2.

This could be my third 10"+ of the season if I can squeak out a couple more inches

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zelocita Weather, on 03 Feb 2014 - 2:11 PM, said:snapback.png

We just keep getting nickle'd and dime'd by these 10" or so storms this winter...

These are more than just nickle and dime storms, we'd be lucky to have one 8" storm in any winter.

Sarcasm: how does it work?  :snowing:

How much have you measured in Westchester this year? I think Dobbs Ferry has had 47" including today's storm.

I've had about 38" in southern Brooklyn...

too be honest I lost track but I'd say between 38-45" id tend to lean right around 40" this winter has been awesome. With possibly much more to come. I'd ask intenseblizzard since we live a few miles apart.

measured about 6" here in FRG, but on the parking lot maybe an inch more in grass and colder surfaces...

not looking forward to the commute back home... :(

Probably means 7-8" have fallen so far. The snow is settling and compacting because of how wet it is.

My power has also flickered a couple of times in the last 15 minutes.

too be honest I lost track but I'd say between 38-45" id tend to lean right around 40" this winter has been awesome. With possibly much more to come. I'd ask intenseblizzard since we live a few miles apart.

There was 6" from 12/14, 1" from Christmas Eve, 10.5" from 1/2, 12.7" from 1/21-22, 1" of snowfall from last week and now 7" of snow today and counting. That adds up to 38.2" of snow. I think I missed one more and was an inch of snow. I'm not sure, but the rest of them are accurate. 

Archived