• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Landia_Copeland
    Newest Member
    Landia_Copeland
WeatherFox

February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

Had news 12 on earlier and the person doing the weather forecast kept mentioning those yellow echos, saying that the heaviest areas of snow were just off shore in those areas. I wanted to jump through the TV and scream at her that it wasn't snow in those areas... :whistle:

Yeah the diffence between nnj and nyc is pretty amazing. . Even when is really cold..snow doesn't stick that much there.. heat island for real.

Queens is caked with 4"+ of snow right now. On main roads as well.

Manhattan is a horrendous spot for snow when temps are marginal.

The boroughs are getting slammed right now.

Thankfully, Deblasio lives in the boroughs and sees it.

Delays by Destination: 

• Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) is currently experiencing delays averaging 3 hours and 18 minutes.
  • Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) is currently experiencing delays averaging 2 hours and 45 minutes.

• Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 4 hours and 8 minutes.

Looks like those heaviest bands will not get into NENJ, though I could be wrong

agree with this.. but still mod snow up this way.. should still finish with 4-7"

Looks like those heaviest bands will not get into NENJ, though I could be wrong

I agree with you, radar really showing where the heaviest stuff seems to be moving...I think we have about 4 hours of the main show left

Guest Pamela

Now 5.0 inches of snow on the ground in Port Jeff as of 10:50 AM.

I agree with you, radar really showing where the heaviest stuff seems to be moving...I think we have about 4 hours of the main show left

Actually...am I wearing snow goggles or see the heavier stuff in Monmouth county appear to be pivoting towards NYC/NENJ?

there's some kind of issue with the radar beam in that region. i noticed it with our other events this year

Snowflakes are getting smaller...atmosphere getting colder... Ratios will get better.

That's a common train of thought but it's not necessarily true... smaller snowflakes just mean that snow growth is diminishing due to meager forcing. Small fragments mean poor ratios/rates.