Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 3, 2014 Snowstorm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just starting to form a dusting in Cranford, Union County, NJ on the roads, coming down moderately already but this will be some annoying snow to shovel. I'm wondering when my boss wakes up in about 2 hours if we get work cancelled. Anyone in staten island reporting anything? That's where he lives haha

I'm right by the outer bridge off 540 and have mod snow temp 34 with a solid coating on roads etc

Just starting to form a dusting in Cranford, Union County, NJ on the roads, coming down moderately already but this will be some annoying snow to shovel. I'm wondering when my boss wakes up in about 2 hours if we get work cancelled. Anyone in staten island reporting anything? That's where he lives haha

Yup. Snowing nicely here by the north shore of Staten Island.

that map is north of everything I've seen posted here overnight.

Generally speaking, the heaviest snow usually falls 50-75 miles north of where the best lift and deep saturation shows up on modelling. Not always the case, but it's a fairly good rule to use. 6z NAM shows this. Looks it rips throughout the area and sinks south later this morning. You are in a good spot.

post-334-0-99906700-1391421743_thumb.gif

post-334-0-58131000-1391421582_thumb.gif

post-334-0-37865700-1391421591_thumb.gif

Left Colts neck at 445  was 35 with Rian and Sleet , See they are down to 33 there now .

Once to exit 120 on the GSP it was Sleet

Once to the NJPT toll plaza it was snowing

Once to the Goethals there was Mod Snow

Mod snow all the way in thru Staten Island - side roads just of the HWY  looked snow covered

Just got to Dyker Heights . Its raining with some sleet mixed in , I am so happy I don't live in this crud place full time anymore  is just a pit stop to wall street .it really is a bad place if you like snow .

Left Colts neck at 445  was 35 with Rian and Sleet , See they are down to 33 there now .

Once to exit 120 on the GSP it was Sleet

Once to the NJPT toll plaza it was snowing

Once to the Goethals there was Mod Snow

Mod snow all the way in thru Staten Island - side roads just of the HWY  looked snow covered

Just got to Dyker Heights . Its raining with some sleet mixed in , I am so happy I don't live in this crud place full time anymore  is just a pit stop to wall street .it really is a bad place if you like snow .

Sounds like you made good time.SI has its charms; the area near the zoo is quite pleasant.

Archived