joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler? part II

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little further south would be nice.  The Euro/NAM have DC, EZF, and CHO flirting with 850 during the height of it.  Maybe the dynamics win out though (for a change).

Its not gonna be south. It will probably be wetter and more in line with the other guidance thermally. This is shaping up to be a classic NW of fall line heavy wet snow event. Places SE of I-95 should expect rain or a mix and hope for a couple inches towards the end of the event.

and also the warmest?

At the surface the raw #s are almost identical to nam/gfs. 33-35 at 7am and most everybody 95 and West 32 or below at 1pm. Raw numbers have led us down improper expectations multiple times recently. But this one has some of the best precip rates we've seen all year so everyone needs to kinda draw their own conclusions based on their location and past history.

Its not gonna be south. It will probably be wetter and more in line with the other guidance thermally. This is shaping up to be a classic NW of fall line heavy wet snow event. Places SE of I-95 should expect rain or a mix and hope for a couple inches towards the end of the event.

Adjusting expectations. I'll expect some rain, possibly mixing with sleet and/or some snow, and I'll hold out hope for perhaps a coating of very wet snow on my car top towards the end of the event. I'm 5 miles west of I-95 but I'll still see plenty of liquid.

Cheers to folks well west of the fall line for possibly 8 inches of fresh snow.  :snowing:

Seems like a paste job looking at the 2m temps from 12z to 18z... prob light rain to start and we get the rates to switch to heavy wet snow... maybe to light drizzle as we end?

we probably flip around 6am...but It doesnt make any sense to parse the  sref

I look for a WSW for the northern counties in MD in the 3 PM update

Yep, I hope they do for the sake of the Monday morning commuters who will really need a heads up, otherwise 695 may end up looking like Atlanta last week.

unless people are aware, SN+ at 7am = traffic disaster waiting to happen

The SREF plumes are fun to look at, not correct most of the time but they do give some hints. Interesting that the means are fairly similar for the area...Frederick to DC to Dover all 4 to 5. Not seeing any disparity between places to the NW and those further SE like I would expect. Fwiw the SREF means were very close for the very marginal late March wet wet snow event of last winter.

edit- means are more like 6 to 7.5" per the 15z run.

The SREF plumes are fun to look at, not correct most of the time but they do give some hints. Interesting that the means are fairly similar for the area...Frederick to DC to Dover all 4 to 5. Not seeing any disparity between places to the NW and those further SE like I would expect. Fwiw the SREF means were very close for the very marginal late March wet wet snow event of last winter.

edit- means are more like 6 to 7.5" per the 15z run.

We picked up 2.5 inches in the late March wet wet snow event. However, my expectations remain as stated above.

Archived