Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CIP's analogs have 2 interesting analogs, Buddy was asking about this...

http://www.eas.slu.edu/CIPS/ANALOG/stats.php?reg=SE&model=GFS212&fhr=F060&flg=

Man you sure are full of knowledge. Good to have you and a bunch of other people in here who know a lot. That pd1 would actually line up pretty well with some of the models forecasts. Blacksburg is usually pretty good with analogs so I trust there judgement in that aspect. If that's any indication were all gonna get smoked

Got a Generac generator today while everybody else was buying milk and bread.

Not many supporters from my neck of the woods but I've studied the 88 storm and saw it happen here and this looks a lot like it as far as storm track. Yea the high isn't as strong but the timing and placement can do the job!

Bring it on!!

Since this is an imby question, how is the amounts and ptype looking for the upstate? Bout the same as Charlotte with 3-6 snow them some sleet on top or all snow because we are western edge?

Got a Generac generator today while everybody else was buying milk and bread.

Not many supporters from my neck of the woods but I've studied the 88 storm and saw it happen here and this looks a lot like it as far as storm track. Yea the high isn't as strong but the timing and placement can do the job!

Bring it on!!

Did you buy a portable generator or did you go all out?

Upstate SC news stations are warning people. The grocery stores are very busy. Went out to buy a few things and it took a long time. Gas logs are checked, groceries in the house, stocked up on batteries. Have kerosene & heater if necessary. Just bought a new carbon monoxide detector. Kids are acting like they do before Christmas... yuck.

I just hope and pray this doesn't play out like December 2002. We were living in Cramerton, NC (between Gastonia and Charlotte) and it was a nightmare. I was 8 months pregnant with our first child. Trees down all over the yard. Snap crackle pop. No power for several days. Our yard looked like Beirut when it was over.

Please just let us have a bunch of nice fluffy playful snow!

Upstate SC news stations are warning people. The grocery stores are very busy. Went out to buy a few things and it took a long time. Gas logs are checked, groceries in the house, stocked up on batteries. Have kerosene & heater if necessary. Just bought a new carbon monoxide detector. Kids are acting like they do before Christmas... yuck.

I just hope and pray this doesn't play out like December 2002. We were living in Cramerton, NC (between Gastonia and Charlotte) and it was a nightmare. I was 8 months pregnant with our first child. Trees down all over the yard. Snap crackle pop. No power for several days. Our yard looked like Beirut when it was over.

Please just let us have a bunch of nice fluffy playful snow!

I think you will be fine with mostly snow and sleet. I grew up on the other side of Cramer mountain golf course off of Lowell - Bethesda rd. !

Since this is an imby question, how is the amounts and ptype looking for the upstate? Bout the same as Charlotte with 3-6 snow them some sleet on top or all snow because we are western edge?

I'm going with mostly snow in Oconee, Pickens and Gville with some sleet mixing in at times. Starting with 6-8" and hoping to increase that!

What percent chance do you give Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, Rocky Mount, and Fayetteville to receive only frozen/freezing precip out of this? Any guesses? I'd go:

RDU: 75%

CLT: 85%

GSO: 90%

Rocky Mount (don't know the code): 40%

FAY: 60%

RDU: 70%

CLT: 90%

GSO: 90%

RWI: 50%

FAY: 30%

PGV: 10% ---> its pretty close though based on bufkit data, north of FAY and west of 95, odds go up quick

Archived