Ok, somebody catch me up....

Warning criteria storm for Raleigh:

Nam: Fail

GFS: Pass

Ukmet: ??

CMC: Pass

Right so far? Not sure about ukie...

Where are my Raleigh peeps?

If the Euro shows an inland track, I'm out. If it shows a phase-bomb offshore, I'm all in. I suspect it will look an awful lot like it's predecessor.

Enjoy posting folks... if the Euro follows the way of the Canadian I see many SQL errors in your future

:lol:  I'm gonna enjoy posting while I can because if the models are right I won't have power for days  :P   :(  

461 507 people viewing our storm thread and the board is still alive! Time for me to make a long overdue contribution to support this amazing community. Along with that, I just want to give a shout out to ALL the amazing Mets, Pro forecasters, and weather enthusiasts who have been posting about this storm and the possibilities. Now that my wife is wheelchair bound, every bit of information that comes out of these threads has taken on a whole new meaning for us. Thank you all for your invaluable input, not just on this storm, but ones in the past, and ones yet to come.

+1

Yeah, but it has those cute nipple cutouts.

:wub: 

It's snowing here on the Canadian from 11z (and showing hard from 16z) on February 12th until about 16z on February 13th. Deformation banded the whole time. Wow...

James, I've been running errands all morning.  Do me a favor (since we're in banter) and fill me in for OBY.  Looking solid so far? (sure seems to be from your post)

Where are my Raleigh peeps?

If the Euro shows an inland track, I'm out. If it shows a phase-bomb offshore, I'm all in. I suspect it will look an awful lot like it's predecessor.

I'm here...although trying to study for an exam on Tues...not working too well. I hate when possible historic storms happen around exam time, which is like twice a week :axe: It's ok, if I don't know an answer I'll just write about the evolution of this system and the GFS/Euro etc. then post how the professor grades it in banter :lmao:

Thanks. Man!!! when you look up accumulations again add MWK if you don't mind..

There aren't any P-type maps for the UKMET, but it's almost certainly a big hit.  3-4" on the GFS.  The Canadian is more like 8-12", maybe more.

Yeah, Btown, everything looks good.  The GFS is the worst and it's still warning criteria snowfall.

Why does the Canadian change all of Eastern NC to rain? Since it's bombing out, wouldn't that help it pull in the colder air more quicker?

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

No not really maybe as the low lifts out we go back to all snow but the low track sucks for us snow to rain to snow and the rain will crush the snowpack and the snow at the end will be light useless stuff we need it to trend 100 miles further east

Not much posting going on. Everyone in shock? Disappointed? SQL errors?

Both of the bolded....I am simply amazed at the amount of zr the models have had yesterday and today for mby. I'm used to them taking away the moisture, but that hasn't happened yet  :(  

You're not alone. Better to go yesterday than tomorrow. Fact.

I'm going this evening  :lol: 

Not much posting going on. Everyone in shock? Disappointed? SQL errors?

Hard to get excited about a big sleet storm, part of me is hoping this comes inland more and flips us to rain.  Good news is the Euro throttles the MA and the NE.  This forum is going to be unusable the rest of the week.  And it looks like people NSW of will be cashing in, GSO/INT/CLT look all snow, big snows, 8-10".  Where is Widre at.

Hard to get excited about a big sleet storm, part of me is hoping this comes inland more and flips us to rain. Good news is the Euro throttles the MA and the NE. This forum is going to be unusable the rest of the week. And it looks like people NSW of will be cashing in, GSO/INT/CLT look all snow, big snows, 8-10". Where is Widre at.

Hey at this point, I'll take a big sleet storm. I think a snowstorm is out of reach for us. These wound up systems usually don't end up east.

Archived