joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody concerned about temps at all? We just don't do well with caa, right after a front. If front comes through Sunday afternoon, the precip could arrive as soon as midnight mon night/ tues morning. The last event started about 5 or 6 degrees warmer than forecast ! I think it bares watching!

Mackerel, I think our area here in the upstate is in a great spot according to most of the models. If the analog about Jan. 1988's storm is correct and what I have seen mentioned quite a bit yesterday and today I am stoked to say the least! We had 16 inches of snow in NW pickens county and 3 + snow drifts.....

Ok.. low pressure centers stretched all across the gulf coast.. the fetch of precip begins at 45 hrs. Big snow over N MS. Precip already pushing into W NC by this hour.

Guess based on H5 through 48, this is going to be wetter than 18z, maybe a little slower, zonal gravy train is partially loaded from TN to AZ, northern vortmax holding tight in SD.

Guess based on H5 through 48, this is going to be wetter than 18z, maybe a little slower, zonal gravy train is partially loaded from TN to AZ, northern vortmax holding tight in SD.

You might want to move a few of these pbp posts to the storm thread instead of banter. A few of the posters thought they were posting in the main thread.

Wish he would elaborate on Sumter area as well. I need them to get licked pretty good so I can get out and enjoy my snow up here mid week. I have no skill with climo in that area. Thanks in advance and sorry for the banter mods.

It looks like a good ol' fashioned ice storm with some sleet thrown in for cae  ;)    Not really sure on totals, but it looks like about .50 of ice and .20 of ip are todays theme from the Euro/NAM 

Archived