Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATL is probably gonna end up okay in this event IMO because I think the initial rain for 12-18 hours prior to them eventually getting the CAD is going to make it a b**** to get the temps down in time for them to reach 32...I think by the time they get to 32 the event will be over...nevertheless they probably will shut the city down because its going to be too close for the NWS to chance not putting the watch out.

So basically you are saying that Atlanta is in the "black" hole, lol.?

Should we have a positive banter thread and a negative banter thread? And if we had a negative banter thread, would Brick post in it?

It would get confusing.  For instance, Brick posting in the positive banter thread would still be a negative.  Kind of like a mini temporal paradox.

Lol. You were, and I tried to tell you the precip would get there, and I was wrong, and then I melted down too.

Man, I'm actually concerned that I can't remember that storm. I remember the December 26th storm, and the one in early December when we had a clipper or something like that give us a quick inch or so. I remember the flurries. But I cannot remember the January 10th storm. Hmm....

Yes, and it is always negative banter with storms with you, Widre, and ncweather. It's like someone crushed all your hopes and dreams when you were kids.

I'm not negative Im realistic. All these high totals you're seeing slash them by 2/3 and most likely that will be alot closer to reality. 

Wow that would be cruel. You would meltdown worse than last week!

I remember one storm I was suppose to get some snow but northern fringes. Dusting to an inch. Well in turn the sun comes out very thick deck of clouds se towards RDU area east to VA line. It was disappointment but crap happens.

Man, I'm actually concerned that I can't remember that storm. I remember the December 26th storm, and the one in early December when we had a clipper or something like that give us a quick inch or so. I remember the flurries. But I cannot remember the January 10th storm. Hmm....

That is weird. I'm usually pretty even keeled but that was the only meltdown I can remember having. Also, remember the dusting of December 18 2009 that turned into a torrential rainstorm?

That is weird. I'm usually pretty even keeled but that was the only meltdown I can remember having. Also, remember the dusting of December 18 2009 that turned into a torrential rainstorm?

I remember that clear as day. I had to drive over to Raleigh for a party and the precip kept changing back and forth between snow/sleet and rain, before finally settling on rain.

I'm not negative Im realistic. All these high totals you're seeing slash them by 2/3 and most likely that will be alot closer to reality. 

I remember one storm I was suppose to get some snow but northern fringes. Dusting to an inch. Well in turn the sun comes out very thick deck of clouds se towards RDU area east to VA line. It was disappointment but crap happens.

There's a reason we haven't had a 6"+ event in over 3+ years, they are very hard to come by.  Although the Euro wouldn't be that crazy, it showed 4-5" of snow with some ice on top of that for RDU.  The whole 10"+ deal will be very tough and would favor someone SW of us.  I think if we can get 2-4" with a light glaze of ice that would be a victory.

For the record, the Euro ENS member have about 28 members with 6"+ and about 19 or so 10"+.  Mean ticked up to about 6.5" from just under 6" at the 0z run.

I apparently blocked that storm from my memory. I really cannot remember it. I'm sure I was pissed off as ****.

RAH actually did a great job forecasting that storm; at least for us. They kept saying the precip shield would not make it into the cold dry air over us and they were right. Of course we saw all the great radar returns booking NE towards us and thought they were wrong. **We were wrong.

It was awful. N GA and WNC got hammered with snow and then we mostly got freezing rain with a little IP... It was not a bust and was expected, but it was painful.

Archived