joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caution I think is realistic. Lot's of good signs, but man, having a winter stormed modeled 8 days out all the way to the event seems like a reach. I bet we get something, but not as robust as the EURO shows right now.

The real monster storms usually are picked up early. We'll see.

I've seen storms modelled way out come to fruition before.

Could some one be kind and give some insight on eastern nc for this event... I respect all of you and I'm not trying to be a pain its just a little hard sometimes trying to figure out what's going on here when so much is going on... thanks for all the time and effort everyone gives to the board.

well things are looking good for next week right now but boy with the cold air being marginal, where is all that cold air when you need it.  would be nice not to have to worry about the cold also although I do think after reading everything most of wnc will be mostly snow and hopefully other areas as well.  hoping this will trend colder in the coming days so folks will have less ice and more snow.    :snowing:

You in Brick's meeting?

LOL... Nope. It is interesting though. We just got this new weather software at work that is very cool. Nice radar features and tells us road temps from our sensors in the road. All traffic cameras across the US are also displayed. Nice little program.

LOL... Nope. It is interesting though. We just got this new weather software at work that is very cool. Nice radar features and tells us road temps from our sensors in the road. All traffic cameras across the US are also displayed. Nice little program.

That sounds cool. We just got this new little program at our work that blocks more sites. :arrowhead:

Ok, here's my new song:

"THE FAILBOAT, SOON WILL BE MAKING ANOTHER RUN."

"THE FAILBOAT, NOTHING EXCITING AND NEW."

Haha! Going old school...nice. :)

Here's one for you:

"Believe it or not, I'm warming the air

There is no snow anymore to see ee ee

All you've got now is a wing and a prayer

Ha ha hee hee, should never have listend to me."

It's possible the storm won't work out, but using the 84-hour NAM to try to prove that probably isn't wise. IMO.

Might not be but its clear cut night and day difference. But you know something is fishy when it looks like fish and smells like fish. Not only the 84 hr 12 run but 6z had it as well. It seems some models keep holding back to make one big storm. When we know from expierence this year it hasn't happen and will likely not happen for the SE. No matter how people try to explain it the long term pattern since Nov hasn't changed the flow is just too progressive without any blocking for a big snow/ice event.

The real monster storms usually are picked up early. We'll see.

I've seen storms modelled way out come to fruition before.

True but this isn't the year. Nickel and dime is the theme of the year.

Haha! Going old school...nice. :)

Here's one for you:

"Believe it or not, I'm warming the air

There is no snow anymore to see ee ee

All you've got now is a wing and a prayer

Ha ha hee hee, should never have listend to me."

Awesome! One of my favorite songs from the 80's.  Remember when theme songs to the shows were so good.  Here's a couple for you (I'm sure we could put some weather lyrics to them):

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have THE FACTS OF LIFE, THE FACTS OF LIFE."

"Show me that smile again. Don't waste another minute on your crying." (Growing Pains)

LOL, here comes the GFS sucks it's the worst model in the world….wait until the Euro folds, nothing but crickets will be heard.

I think it throws is a bone...but it's gone by Sunday. I mean the GFS sucks, don't get me wrong. It could very well be wrong. But the fast flow doesn't seem conducive to locking in HP for a long time, even though the models keep showing it. And with the flow looking more zonal now, it seems phasing is a long shot. Anyway, the model could very well be wrong, but it's solution isn't unreasonable at all.

Awesome! One of my favorite songs from the 80's.  Remember when theme songs to the shows were so good.  Here's a couple for you (I'm sure we could put some weather lyrics to them):

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have THE FACTS OF LIFE, THE FACTS OF LIFE."

"Show me that smile again. Don't waste another minute on your crying." (Growing Pains)

Yeah, back in the say, theme songs were awesome...The 80s and early 90s were great for theme songs...even the late 70s. Now, it's just, I don't even know what to say.

What's the Euro going to fold to?  The solution the GFS had at 0Z, 6Z, 12Z, or 18Z? Because they have all been different every day.

I don't really pay attention to the 6z/18z model runs so to the 0z/12z runs which is a non-event here, HP scoots out quicker, weaker SLP without as much precip that tracks much faster.  I hope I am wrong, but the 12z UK doesn't look good either at day 5, HP moving out much faster that 0z run.

I think it throws is a bone...but it's gone by Sunday. I mean the GFS sucks, don't get me wrong. It could very well be wrong. But the fast flow doesn't seem conducive to locking in HP for a long time, even though the models keep showing it. And with the flow looking more zonal now, it seems phasing is a long shot. Anyway, the model could very well be wrong, but it's solution isn't unreasonable at all.

Maybe you should have a picture of a FAILBOAT, or SYSTEM FAILURE next to your yellow alert warning?

Maybe you should have a picture of a FAILBOAT, or SYSTEM FAILURE next to your yellow alert warning?

I might have to add one soon. :(

On another note....

GFS may be falling into its classic bias of overplaying the northern stream. Here, it quickly phases in with the trailing southern wave behind our storm and blows up a big low over the lakes, and fizzles out our southern short wave. The 0z Euro meanwhile keeps the pieces of energy apart where by 0z Feb 13, it has several weak low pressure centers associated with each separate piece of energy moving through... and maintains our southern s/w with CAD in place.

As long as our system continues to hold its own, the won't be a deep Great Lakes low to contend with.

EDIT: Looks like GSP agrees as well.

Why is Wow yelling at us in the storm thread? :o:lol:

Archived