Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say rain-to-wet snow with perhaps 1-4" of accumulation.  BL temps might be a problem.  850s go below 0C right around hr 57-60.  Surface temps probably never go below freezing.

The WeatherBell clown spits out 2-3", which actually seems kind of reasonable, although, again, BL temps are problematic, so that would cut down on accumulations.

For Roanoke? With those problems right there be alot easier to say rain or cold chasing rain.

On a side note... overall the last 16 yrs Ive realize how hard it is to actually get precip to fall on 2-4. Ive seen snow and rain before that date and after that date. One of these days I'm going to have a darn white bday.

Yeah. It's gonna end up with rain. Like how all the models were showing ice storm for Savannah and Waycross and nothing happened.

:)

Let's try the 10-15th period.

Hey , I'd still be bitter if I had 33 and rain for like two days, then a half day of sleet with no accums. I guess it's euro vs GFS again. I think GFS is suppose to be better on picking up CAD ?

No way we are way to inconsistant to beat anybody by 15 right now. I think we have an epic game of mistakes on both sides of the court.

NC State is the cure for anything that ails UNC. Paige will hit 10 3s, MacAdoo (not sure I'm spelling that right) will have his best game of the year, and half or more of our starting lineup will be in foul trouble before the end of the first half. I'm very widre-ish when it comes to these games.

In al seriousness, I expect a LOT of fouls to be called. Vandenberg will have his first foul in less than 2 minutes. Watch and see.

Appologies if this is a bad place for this post, feel free to move. But FYI the AMS in Atlanta this week... note the climo poster on southern snow RE: GA

News Tips from the 94th AMS Annual Meeting

Contact: Rachel Thomas-Medwid, Media Relations: [email protected]

Media are invited to attend these open press events at the 94th AMS Annual Meeting in the Georgia World Congress Center. Events of interest for Sunday February 2:

WeatherFest: WeatherFest is a fun, interactive science and weather fair that draws thousands of children and adults every year. This free open to the public event is designed to educate and inspire Atlanta area residents, families, students, and teachers in the fields of meteorology, oceanography, and the related sciences. You’ll have a chance to see school children test their broadcast skills in front of a weather green-screen and engage in numerous hands-on science experiments and exhibits. 12-4 p.m.; Ribbon-cutting opening at 12 p.m.; Georgia World Congress Center, Hall C3.

Weather-Ready Nation Volunteer Service Events: Weather-Ready Nation Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts Event, WeatherFest, 9:00–11:45 a.m. and 12:00–4:00 p.m., Hall C3.

Topics of local interest:

Warm Season Cloud to Ground Lightning Climatology for Georgia. Warm season cloud to ground lightning is the second leading cause of weather-related fatalities and causes the highest amount of property damage in the state. This study attempts to characterize warm season CG lightning from the National Lightning Data Network from 2011 to 2013 in both space and time. Pattern-based Snowfall Climatology for North Georgia. The goal of this study is to characterize snowfall observations from National Weather Service cooperative observers between 1950 and 2013 across north Georgia and incorporate the results into tools used to forecast snowfall at the NWS. Poster Session: 5:00-6:30 p.m., Hall C3.

Connect on Twitter: Join the Conversation #AMS2014
Main AMS Account: @AMETSOC
AMS Policy Program: @AMSPolicy
AMS Education Program: @AMSEducation

Meeting News and Stories: AMS Official Blog The Front Page (http://blog.ametsoc.org/)
Videos and Interviews AMS YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/ametsoc)

Archived