• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

Looks like another RDU screwjob. One of two things will happen: (1) weaker wave with snow/ice across upper south and the southern parts of NC with some token crap over northern NC, or (2) wave trends stronger and goes further north, putting RDU in the sleet/zr/rain zone. Yawn. Wake me up next winter.

Hmm I feel like I remember something about bitter-casting being discussed earlier. What is it again? Ah yes... Here you go.  :weenie:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-6", give or take.  There's actually another tenth or two that falls as something other than snow, either IP or ZR.  I'm not sure which.  850s never get above 1C, though, and are definitely colder than previous runs.  Overall QPF is about 0.7-0.8".  The Canadian is a little better for us with maybe 6-7".

The 12z GEFS mean shows ~0.75" QPF for us.  Of course, you've probably seen the NAM's 10"+ glory run.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the models will underdo the overrunning and we'll end up with more QPF than modeled.  :weenie:

Probably like 4-5" before some significant icing.

I'm a bit confused, though, because DT's StormVista maps he posted on his Facebook page looked a little better as far as temperatures went compared to WeatherBell, hence my thought that it might be all-snow.

One interesting thing to note is that we're looking at a 24+ hour event because of the lingering light stuff (probably freezing drizzle or maybe pingers) on the back side.

And it's doing this with the Euro more than likely supressing the CAD a bit.....drop another 2-3 degrees and that becomes a 10 inch snow bomb for us with a nice 1/2 inch of IP to crust it over on the back end.  That is a "shut everything in central NC down for 3-4 days minimum" level event...

Yeeehah baby.  All the way in!

Good story JBURNS ! Our local crack staff of meteorologists on our NBC affiliate has written : " we could see some showers on Tuesday, possibly mixing with a little freezing rain in the afternoon " WoW!!! I know that could happen,but no model is showing that now!! Where do they get this stuff! He is the chief met , also!!!

Those WYFF folk are clueless. Sad

I agree with you guys. No one in Atlanta even has a clue that we could get winter weather. Might want to start sounding some conservative alarms at the very least or there are going to be A LOT of surprised people.

Not to worry, as Lookout's buddy, GB, who is now on the Gov's weather panel, assured us several times it will be warm the next two weeks, and we still have a week or so to go, lol.  Whatever the NWS says now they won't listen since they blame them, and think the WC is the main seer now.  So look to the weather channel for your Ga weather response outlooks.  Too bad though as the NWS hits my weather on the button more times than not..though they may be slow to ramp up, they are usually right for my yard in the end...a half day out anyway, and how much lead do you need?  T

I'm not worried... I just read DT over on FB :D :D :D

"bings the Low UP the coast and ON the coast .. NONE of this out to sea ****

all of NC gos over to rain on the euro ensembles and does all of central and eastern VA EAST of the Blue Ridge."

Wow! All rain for NC ?? From the best met around??! I guess I will be looking at tstorms?

I'm not worried... I just read DT over on FB :D :D :D

"bings the Low UP the coast and ON the coast .. NONE of this out to sea ****

all of NC gos over to rain on the euro ensembles and does all of central and eastern VA EAST of the Blue Ridge."

Wow! All rain for NC ?? From the best met around??! I guess I will be looking at tstorms?

CAD areas stay ZR on the Euro ENS and it's mainly after the bulk of the precip is done. Pretty much what we've all been saying to begin with. This will be a snow to IP to ZR event but the bulk looks to be snow. 

Archived