Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really confused about what's going to happen in Atlanta with this storm and if there's even a slim chance of any snowfall from this storm. Doesn't seem clear cut like the NC cities. Is it a sleetstorm, rainstorm, or icestorm? Confused and I'm generally not this confused.

Dude right now, most of the rest of us are confused. It doesn't help that the models keep being all over the place, with the exception of the euro. But I do feel comfortable in saying that I doubt atlanta gets any snow out of this. Just looks too warm. Atlanta seems to be on the edge of freezing temps at the surface so it's almost impossible to say with any confidence at all what it will be doing in atlanta or how much right now...at least from my point of view. Just one or two degrees difference anywhere from the surface to 5 to 7 thousand feet can make all the difference in the world. Hopefully we will have a better idea by tomorrow if we can get some of these models to show some consistency  and agreement.

I'm gonna miss you when I'm cut off from the outside world   :(

and you   :(   

and you   :(   

I hope there will be a picture thread full of winter wonderland scenes in the south once I return online   :D

Lets keep this kind of stuff in the banter thread.   :(  :rambo:  :lol:

Looking at 12Z Euro 850's/qpf/sfc for N ATL burbs near you:

- wave #1 TUE looks like ~1" qpf of starts as cold rain possibly changing to a short period of ZR and then IP for the bulk based on 850's of only +1 to +2 C (favors IP over ZR). Could mean as much as 3-4"+ IP if almost all IP!

-wave #2 TUE night to early WED: ~0.20" of ZR on top of IP due to warmer 850's of ~+5 C

If the 12Z Euro verifies, it would be blend of PD 1 of 79 and 1/88 for ATL-AHN. Sfc temp.'s too warm. Theu'd probably do down to middle 20's for ATL-AHn if there is this much IP.

Excellent. That should make travel back from Hartsfield Jackson a real joy - NOT!

Can't believe how good the models look except for the GFS. A NAM and Euro blend would be awesome. Think folks not on the board are going to be shocked by this one.

ATL / NGa residents certainly will.  The media mets are checked out for the weekend.  The first most people hear of this is going to be sometime during the day on Monday. I just checked all 3 of the major local network affliates, and all 3 sites currently predict "a chance of showers" on Tuesday and Wednesday.  None of this will get updated until they all come back to work Monday.

Definitely doing my grocery shopping for the week tomorrow.  Once Monday rolls around and all the commuters get an earful of potential storm (even if it eventually fizzles), you won't be able to find a loaf of bread or case of water within 300 miles. :)

Archived