Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I need a smoke LOL... my storm and MBY hit the jackpot, 10 inches of snow and a quarter inch of ice... DAMN

If you guys need to me to start the next storm thread (whenever that may be) I'll be over here

Do you have any information for the NC mountains? I didn't see much about it in the main thread, but I know how they feel about IMBY posts.

There's some metal on here that I wish was less detectable :)

lol just saw this; but really.  I dont feel like hes a bad dude.  I remember when I was posting here a while back I racked up 2 warning points.. but never got 5 posted.  I think lookout and michelle and wow were really nice to me though and knew I was trying to learn still.. .. but when we went in storm mode with the random picked mods.. some  tool gave me the warnings.. i think maybe MAYBE lookout gave me one (but idk)...  other 1 definitely a tool that doesnt post much here in the SE anymore!  lol.

Anyway; I was asking about the metal detecting thing because I'm really into history and was looking at some old battle sites around the SE etc.. and just wanted to know if anyone else were looking for old bullets, belt buckles, etc.

In fact...... Michelle....... I know you're in gaston.. I know a major war site down that way that would be REALLY cool to possibly try to find old war stuff in the ground from.. If you're reading this can you possibly let me know if I'm right? :)

Never fear, Shawn.  See my avatar.  This may be my sleet vision :)  Heaping mounds of sleet for all.  The joys of 3 or 4 inches of sleet can't be understated, but you do have to brave the z monster to get the sleet.  It's just the way it is.  Anyway, it's mostly pines that get it from zr, and those limbs just bend over and break...most of the time.  Or lay over on the house in slow motion.  Mostly they just scare the crap out of you, and leave you in the dark, without heat...unless you are real unlucky, and a limp pops a hole in the roof.  Now sleet is just pure fun, with a great sound.  So what we all want is a sleet profile when the time comes.  Oh, and Tony trades snow for sleet, lol, I don't care if I never see zr again.  It's worthless and destructive and scares the iss out of you even if you don't get damage.  T

I have mainly pines here.  The hardwood I feel okay with. :/

Back up here in Foothills "Big Frostys stomping ground" ill say Euro has underdone moisture this is a perfect track for up sloping snow, and it probably is cutting back the amounts because of the convective feedback nature of Sleet. But still a couple days no big deal on amounts just glad we are still tracking

Pilot; are there any good "cabins" cheap around Boone NC this time of the year?  I feel like I may have to retreat if modeling is correct for KCAE.

I am in Pilot Mountain Near Mt. Airy I do know of some cabins friends of mine own and the rent them out its a bed and breakfast. Boone they have cabins everywhere up there , I'm a ASU grad love that place.

Got some bad news for most of us usually the Euro is the weaker on precip totals . If this goes from Mon. -Thurs you want have to worry about snow totals! Ice man I feel bad for anyone who get iced over it will be awful and no kidding u had better have a backup plan or generator.

I am in Pilot Mountain Near Mt. Airy I do know of some cabins friends of mine own and the rent them out its a bed and breakfast. Boone they have cabins everywhere up there , I'm a ASU grad love that place.

Got some bad news for most of us usually the Euro is the weaker on precip totals . If this goes from Mon. -Thurs you want have to worry about snow totals! Ice man I feel bad for anyone who get iced over it will be awful and no kidding u had better have a backup plan or generator.

You guys will most likely stay cold enough with that CAD in place.  Why I asked. :P  I want out of this area if we are about to ice over bad.

People can't drive around here in the rain or light snow; much less a 1/4 inch or ice+ on the roads.

You guys will most likely stay cold enough with that CAD in place. Why I asked. :P I want out of this area if we are about to ice over bad.

I really don't like to see that much FR for anyone I think u are looking at a situation if theset-up is like the Euro has it of someone getting and actual inch of ice accumulation remember not an. Inch of rain will translate into an inch of ice and during the lull between systems . Ice will still accumulate because of the lighter overrunning that will happen. This will stick better than if it were heavy rains you don't have to worry about latent heat . release .

Well; I guess it's being ignored the horrible ice storm that could unfold for many (bigger cities) in the deep south.  Maybe all you NC guys can get lucky; but I hope the ice goes north from here.

the Euro EPS is going to win this round (just like the last winter event) down here though.

Anyone that wishes for this ice storm deserves to lose power for a gracious period to understand how cold they can actually feel.  meh.

If you guys lived around my area and saw the trees etc.. you'd wish the same.

thanks for making a point about it earlier Lookout & Larry. & Chris  It looks like it's possibly the real deal down this way.

My bday is in a few days.. guess i'll get to see a historic ice storm if these models are correct.  blah.

Well; I guess it's being ignored the horrible ice storm that could unfold for many (bigger cities) in the deep south.  Maybe all you NC guys can get lucky; but I hope the ice goes north from here.

I thought it's been well discussed. Like you stated there other members who have talked about the ice discussion. Remember that most posters who follow weather are going to talk about their back yards. In fact probably 99% of your posts discuss Columbia. Just the way it is. Much like if GA is looking on a big snow GA folks aren't going to spend the majority of their time focusing on what is going to happen in CLT. Either way no need to wish ice on me, wish it someone like Brick  :whistle:

I thought it's been well discussed. Like you stated there other members who have talked about the ice discussion. Remember that most posters who follow weather are going to talk about their back yards. In fact probably 99% of your posts discuss Columbia. Just the way it is. Much like if GA is looking on a big snow GA folks aren't going to spend the majority of their time focusing on what is going to happen in CLT. Either way no need to wish ice on me, wish it someone like Brick :whistle:

I will take snow or ice. I have lived through two major ice storms. Its not end of the world not to have power I have a generator now unlike years ago. I was without power both times for over a week. But also I have seen several storms the last 20 years that everybody says the warm nose is going to change it to ice. Most of time that never happens and stays snow the whole storm.I for one hope everybody gets the storm. I careless about mby as just a small amount keeps us working for several days

Not quite. Actually the nam looks a lot different from the euro. The euro has precip much further south..by a couple of hundred miles at the same time period actually.

it is insane to see such wildly different solutions for as little as 3 days out. The only common theme is more or less north carolina will get snow and ice regardless of what happens. And probably south carolina too...with a strong sub freezing wedge developing down into georgia .But in terms of actual details of how much falls and of what, it's just impossible to say right now. models are changing so much from run to run and not just with small details either but big ones, it's just nuts.

Lookout,

What are you thinking about NEGA (Athens) at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol just saw this; but really.  I dont feel like hes a bad dude.  I remember when I was posting here a while back I racked up 2 warning points.. but never got 5 posted.  I think lookout and michelle and wow were really nice to me though and knew I was trying to learn still.. .. but when we went in storm mode with the random picked mods.. some  tool gave me the warnings.. i think maybe MAYBE lookout gave me one (but idk)...  other 1 definitely a tool that doesnt post much here in the SE anymore!  lol.

Anyway; I was asking about the metal detecting thing because I'm really into history and was looking at some old battle sites around the SE etc.. and just wanted to know if anyone else were looking for old bullets, belt buckles, etc.

In fact...... Michelle....... I know you're in gaston.. I know a major war site down that way that would be REALLY cool to possibly try to find old war stuff in the ground from.. If you're reading this can you possibly let me know if I'm right? :)

Hubby, Son, Brother in Law, Nephews all metal detect and have done this for 25+ years. My house is full of cannon balls,bullets,  buckles, buttons, bottles, arrowheads, knives, scrapers, pottery, etc  :lol:  As a matter of fact, Hubby and BIL were invited to Bull St to help the archaeology dept detect and preserve before they start tearing it down. The news channels have shown pictures of their findings on tv a few times now. There are places all over SC/GA/NC  ;)   

Well; I guess it's being ignored the horrible ice storm that could unfold for many (bigger cities) in the deep south. Maybe all you NC guys can get lucky; but I hope the ice goes north from here.

the Euro EPS is going to win this round (just like the last winter event) down here though.

Anyone that wishes for this ice storm deserves to lose power for a gracious period to understand how cold they can actually feel. meh.

If you guys lived around my area and saw the trees etc.. you'd wish the same.

thanks for making a point about it earlier Lookout & Larry. & Chris It looks like it's possibly the real deal down this way.

My bday is in a few days.. guess i'll get to see a historic ice storm if these models are correct. blah.

It's not being ignore - still too far out at this point. I guess it's perspective. I don't know whether mby will be snow ip fr etc. it may be all three lol. However I made the mistake of peeking at the board with one eye, saw180 posts started reading and am wide awake cos it looks like most of us are going to get a monster winter storm in a few day!! Do I want an inch of ice imby? Probably not. I like the trees lol. Dec 05 was a monster ice storm here. Entire cty lost power. Every tree some kind of damage. However as a wx weenie it was an awesome sight to see(and hear I might add)

There are many variables and I will admit I have just now caught up on the thread and haven't seen models (that is coming up shortl). The way most of these cads have played out (when more common) are mostly ice for my area even in far ne ga. Yes a good snow thump for several inches then sleet to zr.

Try not to fret until its closer. The bullseye even this far out rarely ends up being the ultimate bullseye. Enjoy the ride cos this could be an Awesome storm for pretty much most to all of the se people :)

Happy birthday btw :) to answer your question .25" in this area is ok. Spotty power outages ans limbs. .5 and up is where the outages are much higher and trees come down. .6 to .7 when the county lost power

Dec 05 did take out every pine tree in the neighborhood (it's not a big one) and about half hardwoods had significant limbs down

Archived