Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my bad. I thought you stayed in the Raleigh area. Whenever I'm on here, I'm on my phone, so I can never see the locations of you guys.

The Raleigh area still averages 7" or so per year.  If the winter ended today, we'd all be pissed (except those in Greenville, who have overperformed!). ;)  Charlotte averages around 5"... GSP around 6", IIRC.  We're all snow-starved and the vast majority of us haven't gotten our fill this year or in any winter since 2010-2011.

The Raleigh area still averages 7" or so per year.  If the winter ended today, we'd all be pissed (except those in Greenville, who have overperformed!). ;)  Charlotte averages around 5"... GSP around 6", IIRC.  We're all snow-starved and the vast majority of us haven't gotten our fill this year or in any winter since 2010-2011.

Agreed. And everything I am seeing for my area, upstate, is showing ice instead of snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a little ice, but don't want a major ice storm. Aside from being pretty for a few hours, there's just not much fun about them,  and you can't get out and play in them or enjoy them like with snow. Meanwhile, n Missislippi is getting their second snow in as many nights, and probably 6th or more for the season. So ridicuoous! :axe: 

This is a good a place as any so...

A series of very LOUD explosions have been heard in the Cherokee, Spartanburg, Cleveland County areas tonight. Law enforcement can find no reason/cause.

This has been happening a lot lately particularly around the Chesnee area.

Any ideas? Weather related? Conspiracy theories?

Not seismic. I've checked the USGS site.

Agreed. And everything I am seeing for my area, upstate, is showing ice instead of snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a little ice, but don't want a major ice storm. Aside from being pretty for a few hours, there's just not much fun about them, and you can't get out and play in them or enjoy them like with snow. Meanwhile, n Missislippi is getting their second snow in as many nights, and probably 6th or more for the season. So ridicuoous! :axe:

I could do without the zr, but an inch QPF of sleet and snow or even just sleet , would be awesome!

I could do without the zr, but an inch QPF of sleet and snow or even just sleet , would be awesome!

If the CMC P-type maps can be believed, you at least get a front-end dump of snow followed by pingers.  How long those pingers last before turning over to ZR is anyone's guess.

It looks like the GGEM is a mix of a snowstorm and pingermageddon here with minimal ZR.  Well, if the Meteostar maps can be believed, anyways.

This is a good a place as any so...

A series of very LOUD explosions have been heard in the Cherokee, Spartanburg, Cleveland County areas tonight. Law enforcement can find no reason/cause.

This has been happening a lot lately particularly around the Chesnee area.

Any ideas? Weather related? Conspiracy theories?

Not seismic. I've checked the USGS site.

Some kind of boom that was unexplained happened about a week or so around the same area . Last I heard , they did not know the cause. I think it was on or near the weekend also.

Agreed. And everything I am seeing for my area, upstate, is showing ice instead of snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a little ice, but don't want a major ice storm. Aside from being pretty for a few hours, there's just not much fun about them,  and you can't get out and play in them or enjoy them like with snow. Meanwhile, n Missislippi is getting their second snow in as many nights, and probably 6th or more for the season. So ridicuoous! :axe:

What are you looking at that shows an ice only event?

Euro has been so consistent with some kind of winter storm. And now it just got better. GFS has not shown anything the last few runs, but looks like it might be coming around again. 

The 0z GFS was trying to come back to reality... I suspect this time tomorrow night we might be in an even better position (if such a thing is possible)

Archived