Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but rain combined with 48 degrees on Thursday and 53 on Friday sure will.

We're 4 or 5 days out, with pretty much sn,ip, zr, and plain rain still on the table. I think it will be just a few more days before we can definitely say what will happen! To say nothing about what the temperature will be 6 or 7 days from now.

RDU may get 4" of snow but when the system ends as all rain what snow fell will be gone just as fast. Not going to be much of an event unless one just likes to watch it fall because it wont be sticking around.

Look, I'm as big of a snow depth weenie as there is.  I wish we could have a snow pack all winter long.  However, just be happy with whatever we get.  The sun angle is devastating this time of year, anyways.

I think most of us are in it for watching it fall.  Having it stick around is an added bonus, but any snow is better than no snow.

On another note, my mom is entering her final stages in her fight with cancer, I have had to put my life on hold the past 6 months to help take care of her (recent college graduate working with environmental education). Things have gotten really tough for my family and I, especially since my mom has been paralyzed for over a month. The bills are adding up and I have tried a donation site to try and help my family. I would greatly appreciate if you would just take a look at my story . http://www.gofundme.com/helpingkyle

Not feeling this storm at all. Maybe I'm just ready for a long and early spring. But we all know how hard it is to get a significant snowfall in the SE. There are waaayy too many variables that need to align for this current scenario to play out in our favor. I would feel much better if the cold was inbound instead of a fading HP sliding across the lakes. Doc is going to have to convince me tonight.

Not feeling this storm at all. Maybe I'm just ready for a long and early spring. But we all know how hard it is to get a significant snowfall in the SE. There are waaayy too many variables that need to align for this current scenario to play out in our favor. I would feel much better if the cold was inbound instead of a fading HP sliding across the lakes. Doc is going to have to convince me tonight.

Perhaps this post would be more appropriate for the banter thread.

Perhaps this post would be more appropriate for the banter thread.

Agreed and thanks for moving. I meant to post it in banter and evidently started typing in the discussion thread.

Banter is a little chippy today and we arent even within 72 hours of fail yet! Gonna get ugly tonight if the 0z runs dont live up to the hype!

Agreed and thanks for moving. I meant to post it in banter and evidently started typing in the discussion thread.

Banter is a little chippy today and we arent even within 72 hours of fail yet! Gonna get ugly tonight if the 0z runs dont live up to the hype!

That's what happens when people miss their naps.  We will be OK.

Here what happens tonight. Either the Euro caves to the GFS, or the Euro isn't as good. Come on yall know this is going to happen soon, the ECMWF has pulled to many of these this year.

Edit: There it goes again. Someone saying something about a three year snow drought. I thought yall broke that last week.

Here what happens tonight. Either the Euro caves to the GFS, or the Euro isn't as good. Come on yall know this is going to happen soon, the ECMWF has pulled to many of these this year.

Edit: There it goes again. Someone saying something about a three year snow drought. I thought yall broke that last week.

It's for not having an event at or above 2 inches. We average close to 9 per year around my neck of the woods and probably 10-11 up toward frosty way. I haven't recorded more than an inch and half of snow for the past 3 winters counting this one. Raleigh east is different. So that's the drought I'm referring to.

It's for not having an event at or above 2 inches. We average close to 9 per year around my neck of the woods and probably 10-11 up toward frosty way. I haven't recorded more than an inch and half of snow for the past 3 winters counting this one. Raleigh east is different. So that's the drought I'm referring to.

Oh my bad. I thought you stayed in the Raleigh area. Whenever I'm on here, I'm on my phone, so I can never see the locations of you guys.

Great-yay!! Lets hope for big problems with trees and powerlines. Thats a litte sadistic, but i dont think its going to be of any worry in this area anyway. Will be far too warm.

So what? Wednesday will still be a mess and if we get a lot of ice that could cause big problems with power and trees.

Archived