Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter

POWERSTROKE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to think this misses the NE somehow, it's very rare to have 3 events, 2 of them 10"+ events in a 7 day period, they have to cool off eventually. PHL is already 200%+ of climo for the season, just basic law of averages favor a more southern solution, although that still could just be a NC mtns up through MA type track.

Have to think this misses the NE somehow, it's very rare to have 3 events, 2 of them 10"+ events in a 7 day period, they have to cool off eventually. PHL is already 200%+ of climo for the season, just basic law of averages favor a more southern solution, although that still could just be a NC mtns up through MA type track.

its too warm here. The airmass before the storm is not very cold, then there is too much waa.

The governor of Georgia is officially the biggest idiot in the world... I'm appalled.

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal held a news conference Monday to announce the names of people who will be tasked with making recommendations to improve the state's response to severe weather events.

CBS Atlanta's Markina Brown was one of the meteorologists invited to participate. The other members of the task force from the local media are WSB's Glenn Burns, 11 Alive's Chesley McNeil, and Fox 5's Ken Cook.

The governor of Georgia is officially the biggest idiot in the world... I'm appalled.

Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal held a news conference Monday to announce the names of people who will be tasked with making recommendations to improve the state's response to severe weather events.

CBS Atlanta's Markina Brown was one of the meteorologists invited to participate. The other members of the task force from the local media are WSB's Glenn Burns, 11 Alive's Chesley McNeil, and Fox 5's Ken Cook.

Sounds like a tour de force of weather experts!! The may as well invite Brick. :)

The MA crew is giddy!  It's funny to read their thread when a weenie run takes place.  I guess our forum is the same way, but we have only had maybe 2 fantasy runs to go gaga over.

I love reading their subforum.  I don't even know why they have a banter thread because there's bantering and trolling in all their threads, LMAO.  Their forum is funny during a bust and its also funny during an epic model run.  A lot of their members are so jaded after the last couple winters that it's pretty hilarious.

You see some weak blocking trying to develop….

It's been trying all winter, lol! More and more, we're starting to hear warmer after mid-month. Robert, JB, and LC at least are going for a warm March. Nobody knows for sure, but given that, the trend toward a +EPO (as Don states in the main forum), terrible looking indexes, and nothing but garbage on the GFS and Euro after this upcoming storm, I am becoming quite concerned. So I hope we can get some blocking, with the cold air remaining on our side of the globe.

1 unless you hate rain.

-1 if you live in Waycross ! 5 if I lived in NC. It could just be rain in NC, but could be anywhere from ZR with 1 inch QPF to a crush job snowstorm. It's trending better on most models. From what I've read today, you want the energy to stay weak and not close off and go further south!

Have been away from the board since last week and Im hearing rumors of storms...On a scale of 1 -10 ....10 being alert and 1 being keep doing what you have been doing. What would you rate this weekend's potential.

5ish for NC... probably less for upstate SC, IMO.  I'm not real confident anything is going to happen, but it's hard to ignore the Big Dog potential.  If we do get this to work out, it's going to be memorable.  Obviously, the further north and/or west you are, the better.  I wouldn't be surprised if DC gets pounded while we get cold rain, to be honest...

Archived