Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The New February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a hunch hence banter. I'm starting to think next weekend's system evolves a lot different than we first thought. We'll see how it goes but there are some clues that it comes in 2 parts.

We may end up with a front running wave that beats the retreating hp and we get something light but acceptable. The next piece won't be our friend. And then we get teased with a trailing wave within a couple days after that. 

These in between days are terrible. Either stay cold or torch. Towards the end of this month is when I start to get antsy for shorts weather. Fall is great because you're tired of the torchy torch by the time it rolls around. Late winter/early spring kinda sucks unless there's snow.

We topped out at 47 today. The ground is still frozen so some snowpack survived north of sunlight blocking objects.

Tonight we fall back into the 20s, then tomorrow is the real warm deal as highs rise into the 50s. It will probably hit the mid 50s, and cold ground or not, the remaining snow will be gone. Then tomorrow night's well above freezing overnight lows will clear whatever is left. Plowed snowpiles will be in decline as mild air continues on Sunday.

I'm getting the feeling that we are going to be zonal all Feb. Typical Washington fare: chilly, breezy, dry. Then mixy, maybe rainy, then chilly, breezy, and dry.

Oh well we had a nice fun January. It's already been better than each of the last two winters. It would have been nice to have gotten a little something in Feb but I just have this zonal, mixy feeling deep in the pit of my stomach, a feeling that suggests head for southern climes and get an early start on the golf and the fishing. Wes has the right idea every late winter.

High elevations and Maryland: You wont get off so easy. You are positioned well for much more snow well into March, regardless how mild we get. Elevations like mapgirl, wxtrix and others are always FTW. Count on much more snow for at least the next 6 weeks. Sparky should reach 60 inches or more by early April.

Oh and PA posters are the worst. How dare they try to supersede my banter threads!!!!!!!!

You are without question the most seasoned banter thread start and a veteran banterer. A valuable asset to the ma. Just let me know who you need taken out. I got connections. Nice and clean without a trace.

You are without question the most seasoned banter thread start and a veteran banterer. A valuable asset to the ma. Just let me know who you need taken out. I got connections. Nice and clean without a trace.

Completely admissible against you as substantive evidence and declaration against penal interest in a Federal proceeding . As a yet unindicted co-conspirator look for the tinted windowed black suv in your driveway.  The folks inside are from the government and will be there to "help you" :o

Archived