Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 2

Powerball

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I have no right to impose a criteria, you yourself imposed some irrational and unattainable criteria for this winter which gives you the authority to b**ch and complain constantly about the lack of historic snow in a place you have been at for 3 weeks out of the entire winter.

I still fail to see how it's irrational to expect Toronto to have relatively similar snowfall to Detroit (you know, in the ballpark at least). And when that doesn't happen, when snowfall is in fact about half of what Detroit's seen, I fail to see how it's irrational for a snow lover in Toronto to say..."huh, that sucks. We've been screwed out of very snowy winter by a very small distance". <<< something you'd proscribe I gather if you were a moderator.

As far as the authority to "b**ch and complain". I'd rather I be the one who determines what I post Stebo. Not you. With all due respect. 

I still fail to see how it's irrational to expect Toronto to have relatively similar snowfall to Detroit (you know, in the ballpark at least). And when that doesn't happen, when snowfall is in fact about half of what Detroit's seen, I fail to see how it's irrational for a snow lover in Toronto to say..."huh, that sucks. We've been screwed out of very snowy winter by a very small distance". <<< something you'd proscribe I gather if you were a moderator.

As far as the authority to "b**ch and complain". I'd rather I be the one who determines what I post Stebo. Not you. With all due respect. 

When it takes completely different patterns for Toronto to cash in vs Detroit cashing in for the most part, it is irrational.

With all due respect you can complain all you want in here, no one would care then.

How? Lake cutters give you little to nothing, you get stuff from the Atlantic side where we don't, only in a W-E clipper pattern do we get similar outcomes and even that isn't always true. Case in point this year.

Thats exactly why I like Toronto's snow dome. Cutter means rain, Atlantic means low amounts and not in jackpot. Not much we can do about Toronto's geographical location which I personally think is the worst 

How? Lake cutters give you little to nothing, you get stuff from the Atlantic side where we don't, only in a W-E clipper pattern do we get similar outcomes and even that isn't always true. Case in point this year.

Yeah and often times their too far East or storms transfer to developing Coastals before they can deliver a similar QPF total to what areas further south receive. Lake Cutters depending on the track can sometimes favor your area moreso than ours. Biggest example is Jan 1978. 

I'm almost certain that if you compared snowy months for Toronto and snowy months for Detroit, there'd be a strong correlation. Same with months where little snow fell. Almost 40" this January at DTW compared to 12" at YYZ is an aberration. The difference has been ~50 miles in given storm tracks, not a fundamental incompatibility in the upper level pattern.  

I'm almost certain that if you compared snowy months for Toronto and snowy months for Detroit, there'd be a strong correlation. Same with months where little snow fell. Almost 40" this January at DTW compared to 12" at YYZ is an aberration. The difference has been ~50 miles in given storm tracks, not a fundamental incompatibility in the upper level pattern.  

Didn't you and Josh just compare the 2 locations and we have been dominating you, it would pretty much go against the comparison. I mean if you want to cherry pick a couple of snowy months sure, they might agree, but year to year and pattern to pattern they don't always correlate. I mean the same can be essentially said with Detroit and Chicago, Josh did a comparison year to year with them and there were some that matched up nicely but there were a lot that had large discrepancies

Didn't you and Josh just compare the 2 locations and we have been dominating you, it would pretty much go against the comparison. I mean if you want to cherry pick a couple of snowy months sure, they might agree, but year to year and pattern to pattern they don't always correlate. I mean the same can be essentially said with Detroit and Chicago, Josh did a comparison year to year with them and there were some that matched up nicely but there were a lot that had large discrepancies

2009-10 is really the only year DTW dominated us. You've been beating us more often then not the last 10 years, but usually it's <10".

I'm not talking this lucky streak though. I'm talking long term comparisons. Surely if you're right, and it's about large scale patterns, the numbers the last 100 years will be night and day for YYZ vs. DTW. I have serious doubts. 

Archived