SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 3rd possible snow

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, WxBell maps are nuts.

Is that your opinion of the map, or the meteorologist most associated with the site? I find his Winter predictions tops in the class, considering the sheer number of elements he evaluates.

Its like a good doctor is a better diagnostician, an almost intuitive sense.

Damn I've been holding out hope that this storm would be a bust do to an important doctors appointment I have tomorrow but I'm throwing in the towel on that idea. The CMC locked in on in this storm from the beginning and the NAM, RGEM, and EURO are almost identical. This looks like a 6-10" storm from just NW of Philly along with CNJ. Pretty much a consensus of amounts and banding at this point, this is clearly no longer a 3-6" storm for many.

wouldn't be surprised to see 0z trend warmer.  (maybe even drastically)

models have most of northern and central NJ snowing, and at the freezing mark by 6am...yet most temps are in the low to mid 40's still.  And with all the cloud cover, we could forget about radiative cooling.

edit: oh well, maybe not. 12 hour NAM = game on.  

models have most of northern and central NJ snowing, and at the freezing mark by 6am...yet most temps are in the low to mid 40's still.  And with all the cloud cover, we could forget about radiative cooling.

For those worried about temps, they crashed pretty quickly out here in Western PA.  It's been snowing for a couple hours now when it wasn't supposed to begin until after 9 PM, dropped from ~44 to 32 in about 90 minutes.  PHL bullseye would not surprise me.

Very very comforting to hear...

Thanks!!

Evaporation cooling will when we will see temps really plummet

Archived