joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon LWX disco goes a lil in depth for Sun Night into Mon... broadbrushes Tues/Wed for now

.SHORT TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT/...
SATURDAY...MUCH GREATER SFC PRESSURE GRADIENT THAN FRIDAY. AN
ELEVATED INVERSION IS PROGGED TO PERSIST THROUGH THE DAY...BUT SLY
MIXING NEAR THE SFC AND PARTLY SUNNY CONDITIONS SHOULD ALLOW FOR A
DECENT WARMUP. WENT A COUPLE DEGREES ABOVE GMOS...UPR 40S NE OF DC
AND LOW TO MID 50S SW. MILD NIGHT...ABOVE FREEZING MOST EVERYWHERE.
WARM AIR OVER THE FROZEN GROUND SHOULD CAUSE ADVECTION FOG. WENT FOR
AREAS OF FOG WORDING.

SUNDAY...COLD FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH A SFC LOW MOVING NE ALONG THE ST
LAWRENCE VALLEY APPROACHES FROM THE WEST. LITTLE PRECIP EXPECTED
WITH THE FRONT EAST OF THE ALLEGHENY FRONT. THE QUESTION WILL BE
WHAT DEVELOPS ALONG THE FRONT SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY. A LATE LOOK
AT THE 12Z ECMWF STILL SHOWS BANDED PRECIP WITH A RAIN/SNOW LINE
OVER THE SRN MID-ATLANTIC. LWX LOOKS TO BE MOSTLY SNOW LATE SUNDAY
NIGHT INTO MONDAY.

All my eggs are with the first storm.  Never look beyond the first screwjob. 

I'm with you on that. Plus, some of our most enjoyable storms are the ones that sneak right up on us as we look far out into the future. This one could potentially fit that bill. 

And if we ignore Wed until Mon it will get mad at us and get all miller A and stuff. 

Longtime and frequent lurker, extremely rare poster.

I write this post to pledge a donation of $10 per inch of snow to the 2014 AmericanWX subscription drive as measured at KDCA for the week Sunday February 2nd - Sunday February 9th. 

This could be just what this week needs to verify.  I'm willing to put my money on it.

Who is willing to match my donation?

Longtime and frequent lurker, extremely rare poster.

I write this post to pledge a donation of $10 per inch of snow to the 2014 AmericanWX subscription drive as measured at KDCA for the week Sunday February 2nd - Sunday February 9th. 

This could be just what this week needs to verify.  I'm willing to put my money on it.

Who is willing to match my donation?

Nice to see you posting. If you had balls you would do it at IAD  ;) .

I'm with you on that. Plus, some of our most enjoyable storms are the ones that sneak right up on us as we look far out into the future. This one could potentially fit that bill. 

And if we ignore Wed until Mon it will get mad at us and get all miller A and stuff. 

remember a few nights ago when the wizards were beating Golden state at 1:00am and you were sleeping, the euro showed 4 inches of snow for next Monday?

Who's "it", the weather God's, or the weather council that dictates all weather half hazardly

that's a good plan.. I'm in.

For someone without a red tag, your detailed analyses are great. 

I appreciate it but I'm pretty modest. Gotta give credit where credit is due. I had an ok basic understanding when I joined eastern in 06. I learned all the hard stuff from the mets and smart regulars. Wes in particular but there's a long list of people I'm thankful for having a chance to learn from. 

Anybody can do it if they are willing to sacrifice (or willing waste) hundreds if not thousands of hours watching models and figuring it all out. I personally don't recommend doing what I did and continue to do. I have issues but thankfully winter is short so the grip only lasts 3-4 months tops. 

I appreciate it but I'm pretty modest. Gotta give credit where credit is due. I had an ok basic understanding when I joined eastern in 06. I learned all the hard stuff from the mets and smart regulars. Wes in particular but there's a long list of people I'm thankful for having a chance to learn from. 

Anybody can do it if they are willing to sacrifice (or willing waste) hundreds if not thousands of hours watching models and figuring it all out. I personally don't recommend doing what I did and continue to do. I have issues but thankfully winter is short so the grip only lasts 3-4 months tops. 

I might already be on a similar path. Most people here probably have similar issues, but it's good stuff from all of us, imo!

OFG-

Another long-time lurker here.  I am willing to match your donation and will use LWX for my snow measurement.  $10 for every inch of snow from Sunday, 2/2 through Sunday, 2/9.

Any other lurker wanna help fund our voyeur obsession?

Daily lurker sometime poster....Count me in.  I might not have a "set" but I'll go with the measurment at IAD   :snowing:

Archived