Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested to hear a formal knowledgeable description of what the Euro is doing with the mid week storm.  It looks wild both at 500mb and at the surface.  The storm forms similar to the past run, then a piece of it breaks off and gets fired out of a cannon toward the NE.  Meanwhile the southern piece just casually moves across the south, turning the corner Miller A style.  We are too warm in TN to get anything substantial from it as modeled on that run.  But I'm sure there is some variation of that that would be a big snow maker.

here's a formal knowledgable description.... its beyond 3 days so its probably wildly wrong.

Arkansas gets a lot more love on this run. As does Kentucky. I honestly don't know what it takes to get a big snow here anymore. Even in the good years at the beginning of the decade, BNA never picked up more than 4 inches in one storm (jan 30, 2010)

here's a formal knowledgable description.... its beyond 3 days so its probably wildly wrong.

Arkansas gets a lot more love on this run. As does Kentucky. I honestly don't know what it takes to get a big snow here anymore. Even in the good years at the beginning of the decade, BNA never picked up more than 4 inches in one storm (jan 30, 2010)

Oh it's probably wrong, I was just trying to learn.  Would that be a hybrid Miller B type thing?  A second low does form and go off the coast but that is way north east of where the southern storm is.

Just looking at 500, it looks as if there is a low that races in on the northern stream in the upper plains that destroys any potential cold air feed from an already decaying cold airmass.  The negative tilt in the southeast is a thing of beauty, just no cold air to draw into it, or so it appears................It's a great southern track for sure.  Something to keep an eye on.

I could see this morphing into an event that has light overrunning for 24-36 hours ahead of the main impulse that brings WAA with it turning us to rain, before turning back to snow for someone, but time will sort it out like it always does.  JMO.

Archived