SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28/29th Storm Model Disco and Obs

NorthArlington101

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kind of a dry look so far to the radar across the carolinas.  of course, it's early and all, but i'd be curious to see if they suffer some of the same appalachian filtering effect that we do with that upper level energy swing through.  

They do have the ocean on their side at least in the eastern regions.

that's all part of the northern shortwave lagging just a bit behind schedule. Adding some lift and energy on the nw edge of the shield. It's probably why ROA seems to getting a bit of a surprise. They have to have an inch by now?

Not sure about ROA, looks like ground is white from cameras. Blacksburg looks '1ish' from the cameras. Heck,even I've had a few flurries at 1 and it is just now flurrying again with 10dbz over me on the very NW side of precip shield.

I can probably speak for the board (except for Ji) when I say a 2-3 hour period of snow with temps in the teens that drops between .5 - 1" of snow would be pretty awesome in my book. It would stick to everything instantly. 

Just what I'm thinking. Initial snowfall in the last storm was wasted in DC.

They do have the ocean on their side at least in the eastern regions.

yea but i've seen some of these systems underperform down there.  probably happens more often than it doesn't.  the system is large, but it wouldn't surprise me if things don't pan out on the high end there, at least in central areas.  it's not exactly a wound up system throwing epic moisture back.

Archived