Welcome to American Weather
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chicago Storm

February 4-5th Winter Storm

986 posts in this topic

Sorry, I must explain. The March 2008 CMH crusher, while being awesome for them, was a cirrus smoker for here. We ended up falling shy of 50.0" for that season...which for that reason, I always go back to that storm as being the missing opportunity. 

Sorry 2008 is when the economy went south as well as my back, didn't work for 2.5 yrs, so that's when I turned my interest in weather into a hobby...not sure what you mean CMH crusher....sorry

Sorry 2008 is when the economy went south as well as my back, didn't work for 2.5 yrs, so that's when I turned my interest in weather into a hobby...not sure what you mean CMH crusher....sorry

Sorry to hear that. But, hopefully things are going well for you know. :)

Columbus, OH set their all-time snowstorm record with the March 7-8, 2008 storm. http://www.erh.noaa.gov/iln/events/20080308/

sounds like the cmh crusher was a buckeye bowling ball fetish type storm..  thankfully I don't remember that one if LAF was smoking cirrus.

It actually came out of the Gulf but too far east for LAF.

sounds like the cmh crusher was a buckeye bowling ball fetish type storm..  thankfully I don't remember that one if LAF was smoking cirrus.

That was one of the few that trended se that winter..

It actually came out of the Gulf but too far east for LAF.

dang how many lows did we have that season from the sw or in that case gulf...has to be dd's? 

That was one of the few that trended se that winter..

can't believe I don't remember that one at all..   I would love to read the thread from that storm lol.

dang how many lows did we have that season from the sw or in that case gulf...has to be dd's? 

Seemed like a lot.  There were some moisture bombs that winter but I guess that's to be expected with lows that come from there.

EASILY in the DD's. Very hyperactive pattern that winter. 3 events here was ice that gave you a good dumping and then the infamous Grinch storm which tracked to Chicago.. Still ended up with around 98" here and that March 21 storm was my biggest of the winter. So yeah it was crazy..

If there was one storm I hate as much as GHD 2011, it's probably March 2008.

If a repeat of GHD 2011 or March 2008 happens with the upcoming threats, I might consider failing this winter altogether. I would then be wishing for a straight-up torch all the way through October (maybe next winter). 

Hoosier needs the supercell avatar/image back.

dang, memories.

Indeed X2.

Best thing though, is on the first page, Hoosier was calling for a NW trend early...based off the NAM. :D

Oh yeah def a chance, but the early model consensus favors STL to LAF and DTW for the best snows.  Still very early, but areas down there looks pretty good at this point. 

The lack of tors and now 6"+ snows are getting to you.