SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 4-5th Winter Storm

Chicago Storm

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to tell what the GFS is going to do. Well defined s/w trough over CA at 156 but confluence across southern Canada looks too far west. May send our storm through the grinder.

Yeah that would be one concern I have with this potential, a lot of moving parts though so this will show us a lot of different looks between now and when it occurs.

me thinks 55-62" is a lock by the end of the snow season, notice I didn't say the end of Feb.

60.1" would be the magical number. At some point, I think our luck has to run out. But by the same token, I think we have a chance. One more big storm would really help...

00z GGEM looks somewhat close to the 12z run.

Edit:  hold on, maybe farther south with a coastal transfer.  Gotta wait for the 12 hour images.

It is.. Keeps the surface low out of Michigan on this run. Tracks from near Indianapolis to between Toledo/Sandusky and then Cleveland/Buffalo..Have the 3hr time frames.

Paysite.

OT a sec.. That system in the 192-210hr time frame nails LAF/Indianapolis/NW OH to near Columbus/se MI and Toronto.

it's a mess for us.....which is a broken record with every prospective storm....but I looped thru the weatherbell maps and it's reminiscent of March'08 with the track displaced about 30-50 miles west.  Nice hit for western OH and all of IN

it's a mess for us.....which is a broken record with every prospective storm....but I looped thru the weatherbell maps and it's reminiscent of March'08 with the track displaced about 30-50 miles west.  Nice hit for western OH and all of IN

I was thinking that ( March 08 ) as well.

Around a inch.

That would work.

I was thinking that ( March 08 ) as well.

:gun_bandana:  March 2008. Unless you're talking the actual results being shifted 150 miles west...then right on. ;)

That would work.

:gun_bandana:  March 2008. Unless you're talking the actual results being shifted 150 miles west...then right on. ;)

March 2008 rocked in Ottawa, where I was living at the time with a storm around the 8th dropping around over 20 inches of snow. Most amazing storm of my life. Snow piles were half way up to the roof tops.

Sorry, I must explain. The March 2008 CMH crusher, while being awesome for them, was a cirrus smoker for here. We ended up falling shy of 50.0" for that season...which for that reason, I always go back to that storm as being the missing opportunity. 

Sorry 2008 is when the economy went south as well as my back, didn't work for 2.5 yrs, so that's when I turned my interest in weather into a hobby...not sure what you mean CMH crusher....sorry

Archived