joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all the reports from the Macon/Augusta/Columbia area’s.  I’m Interested to know what’s going on in those locations. 

I wound up with a little over an inch here. I was expecting a little more, but I’m not going to complain!

It has snowed like that for 8 hours now in Hickory and we have about 1.5 inches. Still a very pretty snow! Roads are a mess!

Light sleet in Columbia 

A jebwalk is just a walk in the snow. It was made famous by jebman. A long time poster from the MA region.

See here jebman description 

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42406-late-january-early-february-pattern-discussion/?p=2682196

Yes, congrats to the lee side.

But, someone's going to have to fill me in on what a jeb-walk is.  That's a new term/phrase to me.

The ground is quickly getting white up here in N Wake County.  Still light snow but nothing is melting(18.7 degrees at house). Radar does look like it's back filling towards Durham. This may be the .5 line that the models have been showing; or at least that is what I'm hoping.

I've been down here in Raleigh for almost 10 years and I haven't seen snow as powdery as it is tonight.  Of course, I also haven't seen it snowing here with temps in the low to mid 20's either.

OK. I thought when there was talk of it snowing an inch an hour and the ratios being higher than 10:1 that it would be some big, heavy snow.

most of the se is used to heavy, wet snow.  this wasnt the monster flakes, but instead of a quick burst of heavy snow it snows for hour after hour after hour at a steady rate accumulating the whole time (granted there can be bursts as bands move through but it snows for a long time)

Here is what I see that was report from that area.

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/lsr/#GSP/201401282130/201401282130/0100

Someone from Burke weather was showing a measurement of nearly 4 inches in Valdese, I think they were measuring improperly..

This is such an insanely dry snow. I've only seen snow like this maybe once here(January 2011).

No doubt man. I have not seen snow like this since my days on Boone.

Archived