joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green banding building in the Southern Atlanta suburbs streaking SW to NE. Could give an extra half an inch to one inch to those areas by the time it's over. I'm a little over 2 inches from the last I measured....could possible 'unofficially' get over 3 inches if it last long enough.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=NCR&rid=FFC&loop=no

In columbia we have had some light freezing rain and sleet but no snow

quote name="burrel2" post="2696354" timestamp="1390953084"]Where are all the reports from the Macon/Augusta/Columbia area’s.  I’m Interested to know what’s going on in those locations. 

I wound up with a little over an inch here. I was expecting a little more, but I’m not going to complain!

Where are all the reports from the Macon/Augusta/Columbia area’s.  I’m Interested to know what’s going on in those locations. 

I wound up with a little over an inch here. I was expecting a little more, but I’m not going to complain!

We had partly cloudy skies most of the day here in Columbia, since then some rain and a little bit of sleet.  

Unless that batch of snow in Tennessee makes it's way across the mountain chain I will finish around 2.5 inches which is pretty impressive for this storm considering the models had nothing here just a few days ago.  Roads in the county worse I have seen them in a long time.  Temp currently 18.

For central NC peeps you can see on the radar the heavier returns setting up right along US-1 going right through RDU, I would think east of US1 looks great for 4"+ but does it build back west for people west of US1, I am right on US1 and it has picked up now, but this could very easily just slide east and be left with light snow, where I would only get 1-2" over the next 6-7 hours.

Brick are you east or west of US1?   I know Allan is in Louisburg which is right on US1.  10 miles will be the different between 4"+ or less than 2".

post-2311-0-08725600-1390953878_thumb.pn

Awesome sir!! Winding down now but I will call about 1/4". Seeing how I was not really expecting to see much, I sure am happy. Been snowing since 11:30.

Road are wreck here!

But I got my first jeb-walk in since a few years back!

Congrats to the lee side :)

Yes, congrats to the lee side.

But, someone's going to have to fill me in on what a jeb-walk is.  That's a new term/phrase to me.

I am with you there.  I have right at 1" on my porch rail.  Seems we got more sleet than snow.  If we could be some big fluffy snow flakes than we just might make that 2 -3" mark.  I live in Loganville as well.

Yeah, amazingly, we were something like 5-8 degrees warmer than downtown all afternoon.  Even though we were below freezing, still wasted a lot of accumulation to melting.  Lets hope mother nature throws us a bone this evening.

I think RAP will overrate the QPF totals for some areas in GA, SC, and NC. It didn't have that massive heavy band go through Atlanta like it shown. I think it has done alright for me...I was forcasted for .3-.4 and I'm about 2.5 inches and still snowing so it may be right for me...but I don't know...and the radar returns in NC just don't seem as impressive to me as I thought it would be.

Archived