• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    doubleohwhatever
    Newest Member
    doubleohwhatever
NavarreDon

1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

In downtown Columbia its just rain.  Hoping for a changeover soon.

It's Freezing rain here in Oak Grove. Exposed Surfaces are starting to glaze.

Something very odd is going on with the radar..This shield is moving north toward Atl. Could be massive totals. Hey the NWS screwed up once already today, I say they have again. Have you guys also noticed that their is no SE movement like a few hours ago???

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=ffc&loop=yes

That precip is not moving back toward Atlanta. I don't see it on the radar I'm using.

I've got to say that while the totals aren't going to be huge, not having to worry about changeovers with marginal temps at any level is really nice.

Got about an inch here or far.

Yes, I was thinking the same; no cold rain this time at least!

last line for the Triad? Or is there more to come through?

Got a few more hours at least. Once the band assoicated with the trough axis( in TN)  comes through it will be over for good.

last line for the Triad? Or is there more to come through?

Looks like the back edge stretches all the way past Hickory.

If this snow keeps up at this rate, we're seriously good for like 4".  I don't know if it will, but it's pouring pixie dust out there.  The roads are a disaster.

Report of SN on Bozart's farm in Fountain, about 10 miles wnw of here.  I am starting to mix, 80% IP/20% SN, +IP, I mean straight up pouring! 

Got a few more hours at least. Once the band assoicated with the trough axis( in TN)  comes through it will be over for good.

Okay a little relieved haha. Its absoulutely ripping the snow now.

Looks like the back edge stretches all the way to Hickory or so.

If this snow keeps up at this rate, we're seriously good for like 4".  I don't know if it will, but it's pouring pixie dust out there.  The roads are a disaster.

Thats good! Its coming down really well here too. Don't know why but the flakes have increased in size once the sun went down.haha

Well it is wrapping up here in Old Fort in a HUGE overachieving event! Temps are plummeting now. Picture is from atop the car, but we got a solid 2 inches 3 on some of the tables

post-4334-0-12726900-1390951398_thumb.jp

are you getting snow?

41 and cloudy here. We aren't expecting any frozen precip here until tomorrow morning if the precipitation is still around, or if the temperature drops faster than expected.

Still snowing moderately in East Point, 2 miles N of KATL....the progression of the end of the precip SE has stalled for the moment. As soon as the back edge got to Smyrna, it stopped coming SE.

Drove in to work from Virginia Beach to Portsmouth at 1700.  The snow had really just started to come down and immediately started to stick to every surface.  Very fine dusting by the time I arrived at work 30 minutes later.  Hope you all enjoy the storm - I'll be stuck inside the hospital until Friday so I won't see much of it.

0.10" ice accretion on trees, elevated surfaces, with a trace of sleet embedded (on a glass table outside when I took the dogs out for a bathroom break).   light ZR, temp 31