joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flake size is really starting to increase with this last band swinging through, and I am just now starting to get in on it.  I’m hoping this final band will give all the foothill’s a quick inch or two!

Very good to hear. Hopefully it can make it here. Still tiny flakes. Been snowing for 4 hours and just now closing in on 3/4 of an inch.

Flake size is really starting to increase with this last band swinging through, and I am just now starting to get in on it. I’m hoping this final band will give all the foothill’s a quick inch or two!

Yep best snow of the day..maybe squeeze out 2". For me the best part is watching it fall so I've enjoyed today for sure!

Just a real light shower now. Went out and did some measurements. Grass came up a touch shy of 2", 0.5" on paved surfaces. Now I'm running an experiment to try to determine the water ratio (aka I filled up a measuring cup with loose snow and am waiting for it to melt).

Hey all. I'm just stopping in to see how your storm is turning out. I checked out webcams and it looks like Marietta and Atlanta are having major traffic issues. I am on a local weather blog up here and people are laughing about how "people are freaking out" down there. I am just like, uhhhhh, yeah, they don't get much of this. People up here think they know how to drive in it, and we have accidents still with every snowstorm. I'm up to 30 inches on the ground here. :)

Enjoy your storm and stay safe!

Ok, Im an idiot for asking that. I should have just done my own research.

Looks like that area of precip from Montgomery to Macon is expanding northward. If it makes it to the metro we will be crippled tomorrow.

Interesting..the SE progression of the cutoff has stopped the last few frames...I'm near the airport could get a little additional!

Archived