joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck guys! Plenty of pics please.. Especially you guys along the coast! :)

Welcome Middletown! I'm originally from Hopewell Junction. Us transplants still like to see at least ONE good snow storm a winter down here.  :sled:

Had to take my wife for a medical procedure downtown, the normal 20 min drive home took 3 hours. ATL is basically a disaster on the roads. Here at the homestead, about 1"- looking at models and radar I should end up with about 2", about what I expected.

That is an understatement, really.

Cherokee County Schools already sent an email out blaming the NWS and their 9am briefing for not forecasting this properly, by way of explaining why there are kids still stranded at schools because they couldn't run all the buses, and other children got stuck on buses.  (It took 1 hour for my son's bus to drive what is normally a 15 minute drive at 1pm this afternoon, and I feel lucky he got home.)  I suspect they have some really upset parents.

I have a spouse who has been trying to get out of downtown ATL since 2:30.

I will carry a ruler to my spot out back when it stops, but it looks like well over 2" in MBY and it is still snowing.  I did hear an official measurement of 1.5" in Cherokee County at 1pm, I am guessing that was at the airport, and it has continued steadily ever since.  I think the end of the precip looks about 1 hr away on radar.  Current temp is still 22 and has been most of the day.

Welcome Middletown! I'm originally from Hopewell Junction. Us transplants still like to see at least ONE good snow storm a winter down here.  :sled:

Oh wow.. Hopewell Junction is about 30 mins away on 84 in Dutchess County.. Its been its cooold one up here! Lol.. Best of luck down there!  I always root for you guys down there to see some white gold..

That dry slot in central nc is kinda worrying!! Thinking we might not get as much as expected if it don't start soon I'm in Rockingham the few flakes we had earlier have stopped

So you would disagree with this statement then?

Well that map is already incorrect because parts of Rockingham have 2 inches.

Looks like things are ending for the ATL metro from NW to SE. My question is can we expect things to build back up to the west or are we done?

Ok, Im an idiot for asking that. I should have just done my own research.

Looks like that area of precip from Montgomery to Macon is expanding northward. If it makes it to the metro we will be crippled tomorrow.

Ok, Im an idiot for asking that. I should have just done my own research.

Looks like that area of precip from Montgomery to Macon is expanding northward. If it makes it to the metro we will be crippled tomorrow.

Heck - it is 21 here and falling... this stuff is just going to turn into a GIANT sheet of ice... we are homebound until Thursday afternoon...

Archived