SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak of the devil...I must have been typing as you were posting.  Thanks for the update, Chris!  What kind of totals are you calling for in the viewing area.  I know there might be a pretty sharp cutoff as you get south of MCN.

Thanks as always!

EDIT:  I just noticed that the automated weather station at Fort Valley (about 10 miles to my west) is now reporting 31.8.  I assume that is an accurate reading.

my parents are in Ft. Valley and Dad is originally from Perry.  I was looking at the radar and told them it was going to change over by 3:30, guess I was wrong.   I had given them a warning Sunday based on the info on this board to get ready and be prepared.  Looks like a LOT of moisture upstream still to come through for you and even though its been slow to start I think you will get hammered.  Good luck down there!  I was down there in 73 and it was awesome. 

where in town are you burger? i'm down near the state line...nothing over here yet. i have a feeling rush hour is not going to be fun, i'll probably take tryon from westinghouse all the way back to noda

If I was home I could give OBS from just northwest of the airport but I'm not and the wife is taking a nap on her day off. I will say that thr weatherbug app is probably reporting condition from the airport, so I'm sure snow will continue to filter south and east through the county (reports of snow in huntersville and Davidson from earlier today)

Had to take my wife for a medical procedure downtown, the normal 20 min drive home took 3 hours. ATL is basically a disaster on the roads. Here at the homestead, about 1"- looking at models and radar I should end up with about 2", about what I expected.

Yeah, I tried to be nice and take my wife into work (nurse, had to go in early for night shift) and got to the North Springs MARTA station in an hour from our house. Would normally be about 10 minutes.

I think this 2? inches of snow is going to be worse than larger snows we've had in the past, due to the temps dropping, time of day etc.  I doubt they'll have school even thursday and maybe friday.  I remember a one inch snow several years ago and there was one spot on Auraria road that was ice for like a week. well it seemed like a week, but maybe thats an exageration.  But regardless, I think people are going to be stuck at home for a few days with this one.   (Not me of course, I am an expert driver in the snow ;-)

I'd think most places will be back on Friday at the latest. I'll probably be back at work on Thursday, maybe mid-day tomorrow if the roads are OK.

we've had light snow all day and still haven't accumulated probably a half an inch. and I figure it will wind down here shortly. good luck to all you out east

About the same here.  Snowing since 11:30ish and I have right at 1/2 inch of accumulation.  Very fine flakes.

I took the kids out for about 20 minutes.  It is so cold that the kids (and me) were just miserable after that time.  20 degrees and a light wind make the snow sting when it hits you in the face.

I think the big issue here is that the NWS was slow in issuing the WS Warning and most schools/businesses thought that there would only be a dusting so it was pretty much a normal day for people on the roads, then when it came down hard at noon everyone tried to go home all at once. Like Snow jam 82 but a lot less snow and no ice, but same principle.

I think the big issue here is that the NWS was slow in issuing the WS Warning and most schools/businesses thought that there would only be a dusting so it was pretty much a normal day for people on the roads, then when it came down hard at noon everyone tried to go home all at once. Like Snow jam 82 but a lot less snow and no ice, but same principle.

Same as Raleigh in January 2005

Archived