Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That piece of energy over Dallas looks beautiful.  You can clearly see how it's making the precip to the south of it explode.  Good signs!

Yep and the flow is taking it right the coast. 

In fact whats coming through OK should help setup a good Sw to NE flow in the next couple of hours..

Still just 32 and cloudy here in Fayetteville NC. Very anxious for this to start. I'm guessing another 45 minutes to an hour. Really hope it doesn't start out at sleet but that's what it's looking like on the radar.

whoa. actually, that looks like rain. ima be pissed if it rains first....

Solid 1 1/2" in Dahlonega ga

sweet!! just got a little over the 1" mark, already got the most i was even hoping for yesterday lol.  also noticed that the 19z RAP has what appears another enhancement over ne ga into the upstate/wnc.  i cant tell how close it gets to your area but it certainly looks close. a final bam on the way out would be a nice surprise bonus lol

33 and moderate rain here 15 miles NW of MCN.

On the bubble...

Shack,

It looks like you'll reach the elusive 32 degree mark first.  We're stuck at about 35, but the precipitation has picked up in intensity.  You probably saw Candyman's post from over in Columbus.  They've been below freezing for a while at the surface, but the 850 temps haven't cooperated at all.  He believes there may not be a changeover even for the Columbus area.  If that is true, I would think that would mean the same for those of us to the east and southeast of CSG.

I'm hoping Chris will chime in with a more updated forecast for the Macon/Warner Robins area.

It's looking more like a ZR situation than a snow/sleet combo.  I hope I'm wrong.

sweet!! just got a little over the 1" mark, already got the most i was even hoping for yesterday lol.  also noticed that the 19z RAP has what appears another enhancement over ne ga into the upstate/wnc.  i cant tell how close it gets to your area but it certainly looks close. a final bam on the way out would be a nice surprise bonus lol

Awesome!  Yeah I saw that on the RAP.  I hope that happens.  It could push me over 2".

Speak of the devil...I must have been typing as you were posting.  Thanks for the update, Chris!  What kind of totals are you calling for in the viewing area.  I know there might be a pretty sharp cutoff as you get south of MCN.

Thanks as always!

EDIT:  I just noticed that the automated weather station at Fort Valley (about 10 miles to my west) is now reporting 31.8.  I assume that is an accurate reading.

Brad P. posted this...and it's very good as people I'm sure will begin to say this. 

EWWMMJDl.jpg

Yeah I admit I used the term incorrectly, what I meant to say was just no precip aka snow hole. I know, big difference.

Not impressed with the rates here in FFC. Measuring at 3 spots on my deck shows 1.25" right now and I think that is fairly accurate. No wind to speak of and it has been sticking since the sleet began here this am. Snow did not start in earnest until about 1130-12 today. Right now I havent seen anything but very light snow with an occasional bout of something just a tad heavier but could not call it moderate. Snow is fine and very small flakes.

With the warm temps from yesterday and Sunday I think we may have lost a bit on the ground due to melt initially.

I think this 2? inches of snow is going to be worse than larger snows we've had in the past, due to the temps dropping, time of day etc.  I doubt they'll have school even thursday and maybe friday.  I remember a one inch snow several years ago and there was one spot on Auraria road that was ice for like a week. well it seemed like a week, but maybe thats an exageration.  But regardless, I think people are going to be stuck at home for a few days with this one.   (Not me of course, I am an expert driver in the snow ;-)

Awesome!  Yeah I saw that on the RAP.  I hope that happens.  It could push me over 2".

Archived