• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

Up to 37 here. Ugh.. I hate I'm going to have to waste some precip to just get to freezing. I'm usually always looking out for this problem but it sure looked like it wasn't going to be an issue until last night/early this morning. If that band doesn't get here in time, I might very well hit 40.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 37 here. Ugh.. I hate I'm going to have to waste some precip to just get to freezing. I'm usually always looking out for this problem but it sure looked like it wasn't going to be an issue until last night/early this morning. If that band doesn't get here in time, I might very well hit 40.

The places west of you are wasting precip to saturate the column anyway, so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

just saw a tweet from powder springs that it's hitting the surface, can anyone confirm? 

I would not doubt its getting close in your region to reaching the ground now, the ceilings have generally been 4-5,000 feet when most locations have started precipitating, most of the metro ATL area is near 6-7,000 now so its getting close.

The places west of you are wasting precip to saturate the column anyway, so I wouldn't get too worried yet.

Yeah but I have to too. The clouds became thin for a while, even had some sun. Temp jumped up to 39 but the clouds have thickened back up and it's back down to 37 and I should be seeing some flakes pretty soon. But damn near hit 40 which is unreal because the nam/gfs had me no higher than 27 or 28 today up until last nights runs.

Yeah but I have to too. The clouds became thin for a while, even had some sun. Temp jumped up to 39 but the clouds have thickened back up and it's back down to 37 and I should be seeing some flakes pretty soon. But damn near hit 40 which is unreal because the nam/gfs had me no higher than 27 or 28 today up until last nights runs.

Fair enough, didn't know the clouds thinned out that bad.

Also starting to see a random flake in Alpharetta.

Archived