• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday storm possiblities

Mitchel Volk

For a week now some of the models and some of the ensembles are suggesting the possibility of a storm coming up the coast. I am still very undecided on this one, but if the winds at 500 back just a little more we would get a storm. So at this time it needs to be watch. Tomorrow runs should start to show it like the last storm, it was pronged to Far East at first. Time will tell.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see them but apparently the 18z GEFS individual members were big hits per NE forum.

about 7 were big hits and a few more  trending that way - what is encouraging is the models are all trending at the same time - like mitchel said won't take much to get a storm if the 500 winds change in the right direction a little

The SREFS may be out of range but wow what a shift. You can almost bet the Nam to shift further NW based on the SREFS. Are there two waves? There's precipitation breaking out over the Carolinas in a couple days and then a much more significant breakout which gets all the way up here by 72-84 hrs.

It's probably seeing the trough tilt more negative and develop a consolidated coastal low that brushes us, after the initial shot of overrunning precip over the Southeast.

Very interesting developments going on, will have to see what the other models say and especially the 0z runs. I think the SREFS picked up the previous snow event if I'm not mistaken.

They were generally more amped than the operational runs. This is getting my attention again, let's see what the 0z models show. If they all show a NW bump, there could be a trend-if they don't really move, I don't see much reason for excitement north of Cape May.

Boxing Day? Really? No comparison.

You're right...I've been looking for storms that dropped a lot of snow in the south but also tracked up the coast...short of 93' I can't find anything realistic other than Dec 10' .  There is Feb 1958 and 1969 which do something similar to this storm but they are probably 200-300 miles west of where this storm is now. 

You're right...I've been looking for storms that dropped a lot of snow in the south but also tracked up the coast...short of 93' I can't find anything realistic other than Dec 10' . There is Feb 1958 and 1969 which do something similar to this storm but they are probably 200-300 miles west of where this storm is now.

No worries, typically those storms which produce big for the Deep South stay suppressed.

You're right...I've been looking for storms that dropped a lot of snow in the south but also tracked up the coast...short of 93' I can't find anything realistic other than Dec 10' . There is Feb 1958 and 1969 which do something similar to this storm but they are probably 200-300 miles west of where this storm is now.

Archived