Newest Member
    joxey
Down to the wire and models are saying wtf? 12/19-20 event

weathafella

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be shocked if the entirety of SNE isn't snowcovered this week

i guess this is the one of the three threads we'll roll with. shows how many weenies still interested

we're tossin all models as they are out to lunch

we need to watch wv and pray one main low congeals and then weenies will be tossed so much that the next 24 hours will live in the h books.

I'm on this train.

You know what this week reminds me of..There was a week in Feb 2007 that snowed everyday for most of the week..not sure if it was 2nd or 3rd week. Will would remember. I know you guys on the coast didn't fare as well..but this setup reminds me of that in several ways. There was even a norlun that week..that dropped 3-6 inches of snow fron CT up thru ORH

I think we should keep the two events separate...this can be the hallucination/weenie NW trend thread for the initial coastal later today/tomorrow....we alreayd have an established thread for the inverted trough/norlun potential later in the week...that gets enhanced by a new shortwave that comes out of the midwest.

Yeah dude...most of the mets other than Ryan agree too. We're all looking and feeling pretty good about this

Man, I have to pay attention. Lots of conflicting thoughts in these threads.

By the way, Grienke to Brewers. Starting to scratch my arse with what the Yanks are up to. Although, I didn't think Grienke was a good fit for NYC.

I think we should keep the two events separate...this can be the hallucination/weenie NW trend thread for the initial coastal later today/tomorrow....we alreayd have an established thread for the inverted trough/norlun potential later in the week...that gets enhanced by a new shortwave that comes out of the midwest.

seems my thread fits that best . lol

laugh.gif

Appreciated all the texts. Euro looks pretty darn good. Hopefully the NAM is too warm.

Basically nowcast event. Too difficult an environment to expect pinpoint accuracy (or even in the neighborhood accuracy) from models or mets.

I posted the paper original written by the men who the Norlun Tough was named after. Somebody between Dryslut and CCwx.net is going to get the best Christmas present ever and it might be you Jerry. http://www.weatheranswer.com/public/NORLUN2.pdf

Man, I have to pay attention. Lots of conflicting thoughts in these threads.

By the way, Grienke to Brewers. Starting to scratch my arse with what the Yanks are up to. Although, I didn't think Grienke was a good fit for NYC.

I'm glad he didn't go to the Yanks. With his social disorder..the city would have destroyed him and his career. They're gonna land King Felix, but probably not until mid season near trade deadline.

I'm still not sure about tonight..but by Wed we should all be snowing

Archived