• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Personal Weather Station Hub

Instead of using the nearest airport code over to the left under your name, you can go to Winderground's "stickers" and put your own station in your signature line, like I did. It gives a better representation of the temps and conditions in YOUR OWN backyard as opposed to ones several miles away.

Instead of using the nearest airport code over to the left under your name, you can go to Winderground's "stickers" and put your own station in your signature line, like I did. It gives a better representation of the temps and conditions in YOUR OWN backyard as opposed to ones several miles away.

Where did you get the code for your signature? I have pasted code from Wunderground to display my weather station and all I get is the code showing in my signature. Thanks.

Do you guys mind posting what type of systems you use? Steven has been guiding me on a few things, but always like to see what the guys I read obs from use for themselves. I'm a bit limited in fact I have a tiny, tiny yard that's surrounding by my three-story house and my detached garage.

I would recommend the Davis Vue for your situation. They are reasonable accurate, take up little room, and all senors are together in the unit. It simply mounts to a 1" pipe and your good to go

I would recommend the Davis Vue for your situation. They are reasonable accurate, take up little room, and all senors are together in the unit. It simply mounts to a 1" pipe and your good to go

True, but i'd have to mount it to the peak of my garage roof - and that's probably 10' away from the side of the house. Wouldn't that cause havok with wind measurements and all?

True, but i'd have to mount it to the peak of my garage roof - and that's probably 10' away from the side of the house. Wouldn't that cause havok with wind measurements and all?[

You will prob have to sacrifice something with your setup. Temp and rainfall are most likely what you what to keep most accurate. You could go with the Davis VP2 and separate your sensors but then it gets a little expensive What's the most important data to you? And budget if I may ask?

True, but i'd have to mount it to the peak of my garage roof - and that's probably 10' away from the side of the house. Wouldn't that cause havok with wind measurements and all?

You will prob have to sacrifice something with your setup. Temp and rainfall are most likely what you what to keep most accurate. You could go with the Davis VP2 and separate your sensors but then it gets a little expensive What's the most important data to you? And budget if I may ask?

FWIW, CWOP/MADIS doesn't do too much with wind speed or direction. They are much more concerned with temperature, humidity and pressure data. Even though my PWS is fairly sheltered in all directions by houses or trees I've never seen my wind data fail QC even though it's about 1/3 the speed registered at LNS.

True, but i'd have to mount it to the peak of my garage roof - and that's probably 10' away from the side of the house. Wouldn't that cause havok with wind measurements and all?[

Temp, humidity, pressure and precip are most important. I'd love to get wind but know that can spotty unless you have a setup like yours in a wide-open area.

Budget isn't much of an issue - I wouldn't want to spend necessarily over $500-600 but would if it gives a much better, easier-to-use product.

Temp, humidity, pressure and precip are most important. I'd love to get wind but know that can spotty unless you have a setup like yours in a wide-open area.

Budget isn't much of an issue - I wouldn't want to spend necessarily over $500-600 but would if it gives a much better, easier-to-use product.

With that $ I'd def go with VP2 wireless. Then I'd add the wireless anemometer kit to that. This will allow you to keep main station with temp, rain etc low, and put the wind up higher. This is what I have. Go to weatherbuffs.com Click the email me better price link to get more savings. This is cheapest I've seen station

I thought I was looking at an AWOS station. lol[/quot

Haha. That was the look I was going for. KORT

Whenever I save up a bunch of money I am buying one of the AWOS system. Not the full scale NWS type ones but, the lower grade models. They go for like a couple thousand dollars.

http://www.opticalscientific.com/_OSI_Systems_MAWOS.html

No, that is Carroll Valley Airport.  You are thinking of KRSP which is Camp David.

Eskimo Joe,

KRYT is the AWOS on the Raven Rock Complex,  The Carroll Valley Airport (Mid Atlantic Soaring Center)http://www.midatlanticsoaring.org/?PUB=1&COL=37 is simply a 2700ft runway for gliders.  It's located on Pecher Rd. on the south side of Liberty Mt Resort. I've been there several times, and there is no AWOS there. The Raven Rock Complex, (Site R to us locals) is a very secure goernment facility (tunnel) off of Harbaugh Valley Rd.  My father worked there for 17 years.  There's not much info about KRYT because it's located on the base, but I do know the station sits right next to their helopad and even though it's in Adams County, LWX maintains it.  I confrimed this through CTP.  I work in Fairfield and grew up 5 miles north of there and know this area very well.  And if you go up to the gates of Site R, MP'S with M 16's will greet you.   http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/? wunderground has the station

Archived