joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21/22 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost 4" puking snow. Excellent snow growth. Some models have us going until after sunrise tomorrow. Not sure if it's here, but if someone can stay under bands without much subsistence in between, I think 20" is doable for someone. Probably up by Scott, man he is going to be blowing people out of the water after this storm lol

Northerly component under the beam. Kev has to be about 6kft below the OKX beam.

If you assume an average fall velocity of 1.5 m/s, that Tolland is roughly 2000 m below the OKX beam, and an average column wind speed of 20 mph from the N, that snow could end up around 7.5 miles S of where you "see" it on radar.

30+ dbz stuff having a hard time advancing north of Quincy-Dedham along eastern MA for past 2 hours

RAP depicts this nicely... I don't see heavier stuff moving into Boston north through the rest of the run

we'll see how it plays out as band pivots and would love to see a positive bust, but NWS 6-8" looks right on track for Boston metro

30+ dbz stuff having a hard time advancing north of Quincy-Dedham along eastern MA for past 2 hours

RAP depicts this nicely... I don't see heavier stuff moving into Boston north through the rest of the run

we'll see how it plays out as band pivots and would love to see a positive bust, but NWS 6-8" looks right on track for Boston metro

Yea, I've seen about enough of the arctic oes streamers.

Bring on the sw flow.

If you assume an average fall velocity of 1.5 m/s, that Tolland is roughly 2000 m below the OKX beam, and an average column wind speed of 20 mph from the N, that snow could end up around 7.5 miles S of where you "see" it on radar.

lol...I actually thought about pulling out the trig too.

6.9F

Archived