Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 21st Snowstorm OBS

snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually an interesting double lift / enhancement pattern emerging from the current radar and it picked up by some ensembles but I couldn't figure out what it was.

IN RED: Lift associated with 500mb divergence and 700mb lift, best "sypnoptic" lift if you will.

IN GREEN: Lift associated with 850mb wind convergence and the surface/low level temp gradient.

Congrats Fredrick Co.

attachicon.gif012114_1400z_h7and5liftred_vs_850sfcfront.PNG

So in the area where the 2 overlap is the best spot to be for this one?.

At 9 am I have exact 2.0 inches, still snowing pretty good, but flake size has been cut in half. Good to see a small backbuilding to my W and SW, line was getting close! :yikes:

Radar looks good for those west of 81 in the mts. Had that band fall apart here and nothing has fallen as of now. But, I'm encouraged

I am closing in on my first inch in Purcellvillem and the snow really increased the last 20 minutes! The visibility is down! Getting close to moderate to heavy stuff! Started the day with temp of 33 but it fell to 27 and is content to stay there for now! GFS looks crazy, but I am liking what I see... I AM hoping this stuff gets east and gets everyone soon! WOW! Visibilities have dropped even more while posting.

I am closing in on my first inch in Purcellvillem and the snow really increased the last 20 minutes! The visibility is down! Getting close to moderate to heavy stuff! Started the day with temp of 33 but it fell to 27 and is content to stay there for now! GFS looks crazy, but I am liking what I see... I AM hoping this stuff gets east and gets everyone soon! WOW! Visibilities have dropped even more while posting.

Come to papa leesburg

Actually an interesting double lift / enhancement pattern emerging from the current radar and it picked up by some ensembles but I couldn't figure out what it was.

IN RED: Lift associated with 500mb divergence and 700mb lift, best "sypnoptic" lift if you will.

IN GREEN: Lift associated with 850mb wind convergence and the surface/low level temp gradient.

Congrats Fredrick Co.

012114_1400z_h7and5liftred_vs_850sfcfront.PNG

Interesting observation, thanks for sharing. I've picked up 3/4" in 45 minutes on the southern extent of that band.

Archived