Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove by route 5 today and I saw some of the biggest snow piles I've seen in awhile down there. Lots of snow has blown off the lake onto the roads and piled high by the plows. Ayuud have you been down there lately? It is absolutely insane. 20 feet piles for miles. I am going to go down there sometime this week for pictures.

About 3.5" last night...a relative overachiever event...and more or less matched the amount from our busted LES event the other night. I am close to 130" total now for the season, 3" at a time...

Must be some low topped LES going on now...pretty good flake size yielding some fluff accumulation...not showing up on radar.

Long range GEFS continues to show this pattern locked in through the 16 day extended period. Several chances for cyclogenesis along the east coast aft this week....details irrelevant at this time as they will change but really amazing to see this pattern persistence. What'll probably happen is that when it does break, we leap right into Summer! ;)

Ya def an over achiever here for sure. Picked up a surprise 3.5" overnight here. Got a snow depth of 10". Have to go through and add up some totals but I believe I'm close to 150" for the season...

Yeah same here, put me over 140 on the year. Wasn't a surprise though. SREF plume mean had 3.5-4 inches for this. :whistle:

About 3.5" last night...a relative overachiever event...and more or less matched the amount from our busted LES event the other night. I am close to 130" total now for the season, 3" at a time...

Must be some low topped LES going on now...pretty good flake size yielding some fluff accumulation...not showing up on radar.

Had a 2 hour band of LES this morning, on top of the 3.5" last night and it snowed surprisingly hard (another 2")...beautiful flake size for such a low cloud base.  I'm at around 130 also.

Drove by route 5 today and I saw some of the biggest snow piles I've seen in awhile down there. Lots of snow has blown off the lake onto the roads and piled high by the plows. Ayuud have you been down there lately? It is absolutely insane. 20 feet piles for miles. I am going to go down there sometime this week for pictures.

Those snowbanks are insane indeed!

23sde76.jpg2exq2cp.jpg

Fair enough , I'd rather have normal temps and have a shot at a "biggie" than have this mid-winter brutality lol.  

I agree, it has been absolutely brutal these last few days. My car has not been able to start the last 3 days. I would like one more big synoptic storm to end this incredible winter, and then I am ready for spring. Would be cool to get to 150 inches on the year.

Archived