• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

I am a dumb ass! Put post on other pin. Phoenix so far at 4.5 to 5". I would not be surprised if city of Syracuse picks up a foot tonight. What a freaking surprise!

Not sure how much here, probably close to what you have. This is way better than getting rain and sleeted on like down in NJ and NYC the past few hrs. Although they really over achieved this morning. I was surprised.  Would like to see this band intensify for a few hours.  It is resilient though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I've been watching that kick ass band develop. If u look back a ways u can see my post where I wondered if the defo might get enhanced by the ul. I got my answer. Now I wanna know if it will pivot as far west as pittsford. Se of Rochester. We have 2" with light to moderate snow. I'm watching the band ever so slowly make its way west on the Ontario shore. My best hope is to have my weaker band join your band and get amped! I think it's gonna happen. What a surprise this storm has been. Fun to watch and now or be a part of it!

Radar is filling back in with greens for Phoenix. Any reports out of the city under oranges from Doppler 9? I am on cloud nine!

I have to head to EJD in an hour to pick up my son. If they aren't hideously delayed coming back from their school trip to Ottawa...irony is it was postponed last week due to the LES bomb up in Watertown...only to end up navigating this snowstorm. Of course, forecast was what, 2-4" (maybe), as of this a.m. ...

What a nice surprise this storm has been! Hadn't expected much at all out of it, and now I'm estimating around 6" already. And it's still coming down pretty good right now. Has been snowing constantly since late morning, but really picked up late afternoon. Probably the heaviest so far here at the moment. Close to an inch in the past hour alone.

Wow! Slow go on the way home. My wife was a chaperone on last weeks trip that got cancelled because of that. She could not go tonight. Phoenix delayed or cancelled tomorrow? Hard to figure that out sometimes! Roads suck. Drive safe.

Just heard that they got to the Canadian border....10 MINUTES AGO. WTF are they doing. Apparently snowing up there also...its only going to get worse as they head south.  Wife asked, how long does it take from there...its like 2 hours in good weather...gonna be a long night.  Hopefully school cancelled tomorrow...don't want to deal with going to work then leaving to ferry kids around at 9:30...

I guess the weather gods don't hate Ithaca as much as I suspected. At least 6" of powder here, and the heaviest band in CNY is sitting immobile on top of us. Should easily reach 8 inches, maybe even make a run at 10 if this lasts as long as some models show.

Nice...ITH is a bit of a snow hole up here.  Worse location is SW of there out towards Elmira. They seem to miss or get fringed by everything.

Just heard that they got to the Canadian border....10 MINUTES AGO. WTF are they doing. Apparently snowing up there also...its only going to get worse as they head south.  Wife asked, how long does it take from there...its like 2 hours in good weather...gonna be a long night.  Hopefully school cancelled tomorrow...don't want to deal with going to work then leaving to ferry kids around at 9:30...

Sorry buddy! Hope they close actually. Dave Eichorn just updated us to 4 to 8 total. May be a bit low overall. We are at 5 or so so maybe we reach 8?

Sorry buddy! Hope they close actually. Dave Eichorn just updated us to 4 to 8 total. May be a bit low overall. We are at 5 or so so maybe we reach 8?

8" seems easy the way its going right now.  Was just outside. Getting colder and windier to boot. Radar really exploding. Right along I-81 also. No way they get home before 2 am.

Heavy snow coming down now. Been snowing good for a few hours now. What a nice surprise. Live Doppler 9 looks amazing now. Yellow covering pretty much all of Onondaga.

Congratz on the hit for you guys in Central New York. I've learned quite a bit from this storm. There are 5 times as many posters in Central/Eastern NY than Western NY where there are 4-5 I think total. ^_^

Got home from picking up kid at school. Nasty outside but doesn't compare to a good LES storm...;). I measured almost 6" at midnight...prob 1"/ hr been going on since 5pm, with some lighter periods. We may squeak out 8" or so, right in line with KBGM's revised thinking this afternoon. Given model performance, I think they did a good job w/ this one. Nice to be on the positive end of a winter storm surprise.

Congratz on the hit for you guys in Central New York. I've learned quite a bit from this storm. There are 5 times as many posters in Central/Eastern NY than Western NY where there are 4-5 I think total. ^_^

there will be one less poster in 2 weeks. Im heading to New York City for a job for at least 6 months. Will check in when possible to see how you upstaters are doing! Hoping ill be home in time for next winter!!

Another fairly impressive band of snow has developed just west of Syracuse oriented NNW - SSE. Could this be the result of the vorticity from the "kicker" interacting with the moisture from the coastal low? Maybe we can pick up another inch from this feature.

Yea, that baby sat over me in Skaneateles right before I left for work. Big flakes, probably added close to an inch. I measured about 7" from this whole thing - nice surprise from the 1-4" forecast just yesterday.

there will be one less poster in 2 weeks. Im heading to New York City for a job for at least 6 months. Will check in when possible to see how you upstaters are doing! Hoping ill be home in time for next winter!!

Noooooo. Have fun man and congratz on the new job. You can and better check in every now and then! =)

Archived